categories within subjects

Forum Rules, post questions, comments or suggestions, about this forum or website.

categories within subjects

Postby newbie camper » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:43 pm

Hello all,

Just a quick suggestion / question.

I am very new to the site so understand if this doesn't go down well or has maybe even been suggested and rejected. But since looking through the site I have found that I find a lot of time trailing through all posts in the two main categories - park reviews and other tips and camping locations. Would it be easier if they were organised into states? I only thought of this as whenever I serach the site the search results seem non-existent or very few, when I know there are more results than what I search for. Or is everyone happy as the site currently is? You tell me...
newbie camper

Re: categories within subjects

Postby double_d » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:34 pm

double_d wrote:just a suggestion
maybe in the australian park review board
maybe have child boards
with each state
that way people can post in in each state
and people wont be asking where it is theyre reading about ( state wise )
and people looking for places in a certain state
will only have to search through that child board instead of reading the whole section

daniel d

pretty much exactly what i asked for a couple of days ago

daniel d
double_d
Captain Camping

Postby will_deness » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:39 pm

I have heard there is changes happening. I think the admins are just getting their heads around these new boards first.
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Activity_Dept » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:41 pm

Hey Newbie welcome to the forum. Thank you for the feedback its always welcome here. Yes I did get started on it note the 3 letter prefix on many of the posts Qld/NSW etc.

I have a list and will try to get it rolling, its just this working for a living thing that keeps slowing me up. But I will get on this and feel free to point out any other things that you think would help best if I have them all on my list when I tackle it, that of course goes for anyone else with any comments also.

:cheers
The admin guy.
Discover Camping
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Return to Forum Rules, Questions & Comments.