Why would?

Forum Rules, post questions, comments or suggestions, about this forum or website.

Re: Why would?

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:31 pm

I'm curios, how many times are you going to need to type Prescription on a camping forum? :? :lol:
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby will_deness » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:16 pm

Ozzycamperboy wrote:I'm curios, how many times are you going to need to type Prescription on a camping forum? :? :lol:

I have no idea tbh. Just seems sad that a perfectly harmless word is being censored. Today it's Pre-scription, tommorow it's??
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby CCC » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:30 pm

:*** :*** who came up with fiddlesticks hehe

actually I came across one word that didnt change ::()
CCC
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:07 pm

I came up with the words, and the censoring (well, most of them). Probably a year or so ago now, but we used to have spammers signing up and posting on pretty much a daily basis. Surprising as it may seem, it caused some distress, as they didn't always use nice language. So, to stop them upsetting our members (cause Act_dep and I couldn't always delete the threads immediately, we don't LIVE on the computer :lol: ) word sensors where used.

Made it a bit funny instead of rude and offensive.

But yeah, the systems not perfect as you've all figured out :mrgreen:
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby will_deness » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:15 pm

Look don't get me wrong, action to stop spammers is called for. I just thought it overkill but as you pointed out it is a not so common word. All I am asking is one day we might be able to re-define the list is all.
EDIT; P.S on second thoughts its a challenge to come up with different words.
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Pauly » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:09 am

Derek wrote:
Activity_Dept wrote:To be honest I think this would be the first time the word SPAMMER has come up as a requested word and give we receive close to 100 SPAMS a day many using this word I'm sure you could understand my reservation of changing it. There is a facility to allow word censoring on/off by user but to be frank I think we will just have to accept some of the minor issues until we get on top of the big ones. :grin:

Admin

Have you thought of running a YaBB Board. There is a converter for phpBB. No spam with the new YaBB 2.2.1

The problem there Derek is in your board I cant use a view posts since last visit function, this is a big reason why I have pretty much stopped using your forum, if this forum goes the same way I will stop using it.
In our busy lives we really dont have the time to try and sift through stuff we have already read to read the new stuff.
As much as I like Camp Oven Cooking and discusing it, your forum is for me really too hard, I need to be able to click on new post to stay in touch.

To be honest I dont care if Admin has to edit p rescription out to stop spam, really how often does prescrip tion come up on a camping site?
Pauly
Post Machine!

Postby Derek Bullock » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:44 am

Pauly wrote:
Derek wrote:
Activity_Dept wrote:To be honest I think this would be the first time the word SPAMMER has come up as a requested word and give we receive close to 100 SPAMS a day many using this word I'm sure you could understand my reservation of changing it. There is a facility to allow word censoring on/off by user but to be frank I think we will just have to accept some of the minor issues until we get on top of the big ones. :grin:

Admin

Have you thought of running a YaBB Board. There is a converter for phpBB. No spam with the new YaBB 2.2.1

The problem there Derek is in your board I cant use a view posts since last visit function, this is a big reason why I have pretty much stopped using your forum, if this forum goes the same way I will stop using it.
In our busy lives we really dont have the time to try and sift through stuff we have already read to read the new stuff.
As much as I like Camp Oven Cooking and discusing it, your forum is for me really too hard, I need to be able to click on new post to stay in touch.

To be honest I dont care if Admin has to edit p rescription out to stop spam, really how often does prescrip tion come up on a camping site?

I currently have viewing of last 25 posts. There is a change coming where I will be able to have last 25 Topics and not posts. Keep an eye out for it.
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Previous

Return to Forum Rules, Questions & Comments.