New in WA

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

New in WA

Postby kabailz13 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:21 pm

Hi all :)

I'm Kelly, wife to Richard and Mum to Taylor (6g), James (2b) and a new one due in September. We live in Perth (yep the yucko city hehe) and we are planning on taking the leap to camping later this year!

Is there anyone out there that can possibly tell me that I'm not completely crazy to consider camping whilst pregnant? :P

Also, if anyone knows of some awesome family friendly camping spots in the South West of WA, I'd love to hear about them! :D

Also, if anyone has any advice for some almost first time campers (at least havent been camping for the last 10 years or more!) that would be great too! :)
Kelly & Richard
kidlets - Taylor 6yrs, James 2yrs and baby to be Sept '08

In preparation for our first camping trip! :)
kabailz13

Re: New in WA

Postby Activity_Dept » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:13 am

Hi kabailz13,

You may have to wait until everyones back from the Easter holiday :bunny for an answer on some of these, I'm an East Coast guy so can't help on locations but welcome to the forum. . :grin:

:hello:
The admin guy.
Discover Camping
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Postby CCC » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:13 am

:hello: and welcome to the forum :armsup
CCC
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Barby-Q » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:28 am

Is there anyone out there that can possibly tell me that I'm not completely crazy to consider camping whilst pregnant? :P

I dont think your crazy , you dont do much different to what you would do at home .

just remember to unzip the the zips on the tent ALL THE WAY :)

Also :hello:
Andy & Ange
Barby-Q
Camping Oracle

Postby Troyk » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:35 am

Welcome Kelly! :grin:

Don't worry about the pregnant bit. Took my wife camping when she was 8 months with my daughter! We just camped close to the toilets. :mrgreen:
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby Derek Bullock » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:12 am

:hello: and welcome to the site.

Derek
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby Blue Bravo » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:06 pm

Welcome aboard :grin:

Can't help much re places in WA - have spent a few nights at Augusta and Walpole when over that way a couple of years ago.

If you get to Walpole and the Eco Cruise is still going try and do it. The guy that ran it was the most entertaining guide/entertainer that I've come across
Glenn
A member of the leisure class
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby will_deness » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:11 pm

kabailz13 wrote:Is there anyone out there that can possibly tell me that I'm not completely crazy to consider camping whilst pregnant? :P

It's not crazy, but a little common sense would be handy.
we are east coasters too, so we aint much help either :cry:
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby kabailz13 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:51 pm

Thanks for the welcome guys! :)

At this stage, we are thinking a weekend trip away late April and then maybe again October (depending on how the new bub settles into things) and then a week in Augusta at Christmas :)

Cant wait!
Kelly & Richard
kidlets - Taylor 6yrs, James 2yrs and baby to be Sept '08

In preparation for our first camping trip! :)
kabailz13

Postby Pebble » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:21 am

Hi Kelly,

I'm new to this site, but also from WA, we live in the South West. Haven't been here for too long but it seems that most people like to go camping at Hamelin Bay.
We live in Nannup, it's a nice little town and not a bad base for a few nights camping whilst exploring the surrounding towns (we did that last year before moving over here). Actually that camping trip (visiting rellies in Albany) is what led us to choose Nannup as a place to live.
Our kids are going on to 4 & 6yrs, and we've just switched from a Camper trailer to tents.

Did you end up camping in April? Still planing on October?
Camping while pregnant, I don't think it's crazy, unless of course you do it too close to the due date. Either way at least the baby could have an exciting birth story :grin:
Pebble

Return to Introductions: