new KLUGER

Questions, comments, discussions and reviews on equipment, outdoor gear etc.

new KLUGER

Postby 4OFUS » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:50 pm

Hi
we currently are thinking of upgrading our Subaru OUtback for something with more boot space( more camping gear) and 7 seats . We have our eyes on the new Kluger.

I would like a 4WD for maybe going over those rough roads- but maybe we dont need to go to the expense of a Prado , Pajero etc if we can still get to most camp spots on gravel and slightly rougher roads. We arent hard core 4wd people so AWD seems to be a good option.

Also thought Diesel would be good , but the diesel options for AWD dont seem that great or in 4WD are pricey.

Anyone have any comments?
4OFUS
Boy Scout

Re: new KLUGER

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:02 pm

Thought of a 2wd van?

Mates recently bought a Ford transit, ex airport taxi bus. And its awesome :armsup If I wasn't so into 4x4ing I'd prolly get a van for camping. It's got loads of seats, and they can pull out if you want less seats and more room. Easily fit a mattress in there.

They've got their Mitsubishi van for sale if your interested ;)
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Re: new KLUGER

Postby will_deness » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:06 pm

4OFUS wrote:I would like a 4WD for maybe going over those rough roads- but maybe we dont need to go to the expense of a Prado , Pajero etc if we can still get to most camp spots on gravel and slightly rougher roads. We arent hard core 4wd people so AWD seems to be a good option.

The kluger would be ideal for those situations, I guess the places you go in the subaru would be comparable to where the kluger would go. We have a prado and I have always been happy with the build quality of the larger toyotas.
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Return to Gear Guide