Camper Trailer Water Tank

General Discussion, tips and questions and answer on Camper Trailers. Buy and sell below in Vehicles for Sale.

Postby Vega » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:19 pm

I have just purchased a CT and have been buying itmes for it from http://www.activefabrications.com.au/I got my 75lt Tomounted outlets with 2 taps and filler for around $300 or just under
Vega

Re: Camper Trailer Water Tank

Postby freerocketman1 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:12 pm

was just looking at this thred as the jayco i bought has a water tank. i flushed the tank out with tank cleen from camac, glad i did i also now youse the white food grade hose as well. i learnt my lesson when we camped at straddie last, i thought it was the water over there that made me sick unfortunatly it was the water drums that we were youseing, even the dogs got sick :(

what i would like to know is do you leave water in the tank & IF SO HOW LONG FOR BEFORE CHANGEING IT as i realy dont want to get sick again :)
freerocketman1
Blatant Padder

Postby will_deness » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:17 pm

We boil our water from out of our tank. I drain it out at the end of our trip and give it a good flush out before filling it just before we leave for next trip, but we never drink it straight from the tank.
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:59 am

will_deness wrote:We boil our water from out of our tank. I drain it out at the end of our trip and give it a good flush out before filling it just before we leave for next trip, but we never drink it straight from the tank.

I have a stainless steel tank and only ever use it for non drinking water, always carry the drinking water separate.

Had an incident occur once when the brass bung on the CT was damaged and we lost all the water....not so good:-((

Fortunately I already had some drinking water in a separate container which got us out of immediate trouble.

We had just commenced our outback trip it meant that I had to re fill the tank which was not the easiest thing to locate at Tibooburra and I then had the added expense of buying bottled water for drinking.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Mrscoffscruza » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:55 am

Here is a good link for accessories for carvans and camper trailers, its a good one to add to you favorites for when you need to find something you need..

http://www.caravansplus.com.au/
Mrscoffscruza
Camping King

Previous

Return to Camper Trailers