Gas Bottle Testing in Brisbane

Questions, comments, discussions and reviews on equipment, outdoor gear etc.

Gas Bottle Testing in Brisbane

Postby Frilly » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:23 pm

Can anyone tell me where you can get a gas bottle tested around the Redlands or Brisbane area?? Any ideas on costs?? Thanks a bunch...
The story of my life is about back entrances, side doors, secret elevators and other ways of getting in and out of places so that people won't bother me.
Frilly
Camping Veteran

Re: Gas Bottle Testing in Brisbane

Postby will_deness » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:52 pm

You can just take it to where you get it refilled and they can send it away for you. Or if your bottle still has some life you can just swap n go it for one with more life.
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:15 pm

Frilly wrote:Can anyone tell me where you can get a gas bottle tested around the Redlands or Brisbane area?? Any ideas on costs?? Thanks a bunch...

BOC at Rocklea does the testing, cost is relative to the size of the bottle and it also includes a gas fill as well.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby AliKat » Thu May 29, 2008 11:50 am

Apparently BOC @ Rocklea only do the 9kg bottles now ( I called them this am) But they gave me the number for Gameco @ Milton (33777999)
We have 2 x 4kg and 1 x 2kg cylinders and it is $19.80 to test any cylinder up to 9kg in size. Plus price for gas if you want it refilled. They have a 2 day turn around.
What I want to know is if it is worth doing - my parents have these 3 cylinders in storage ( where they have been since the 80s ) All 3 look brand new but what is the likelyhood that because they are so old they wont pass testing???
Its only $34 for brand new cylinders...
AliKat
Boy Scout

Postby amanda » Thu May 29, 2008 12:02 pm

I recently bought a 2kg cylinder for $20 - so you're right Ali, it wouldn't be worth getting an old one tested for that price when you can have a brand new one for 20c more.
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Thu May 29, 2008 12:53 pm

The only advantage is if you have one of the brand names that you wish to keep. If you are happy to buy the cheapies that are now about then that is definitely the way to go.

I believe it is simply personal choice, just remember that everytime you buy a new replacement an old one has to be disposed of.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to Gear Guide