Instead of deleting posts

Forum Rules, post questions, comments or suggestions, about this forum or website.

Instead of deleting posts

Postby will_deness » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:46 pm

Maybe the admins could make a hidden board, where instead of deleting posts they simply move it to the hidden one. That way there is recourse for a person if they feel that a post was removed unfairly. Also it is a good safety net for the moderator, who could show the deleted(hidden) post to other mods to verify the right action was taken.
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Re: Instead of deleting posts

Postby freerocketman1 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:34 pm

will what ive been told [safty net for the admin & mods] is before they take action on a thred or other wise they contact each other. you might find that admin has a special folder for these situations but it is a great idea.
freerocketman1
Blatant Padder

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:28 pm

I am sure all deleted posts can be retrieved by the moderators if they require it.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby will_deness » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:41 pm

gypsylady wrote:I am sure all deleted posts can be retrieved by the moderators if they require it.

From what was explained to me, led me to believe they are not kept anywhere! We will have to wait for someone who knows for sure to comment.
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:44 pm

will_deness wrote:
From what was explained to me, led me to believe they are not kept anywhere! We will have to wait for someone who knows for sure to comment.

You could very well be right but I always figure that most things are retrievable if one knows where to look.

As you said, we will have to wait and see what the response is.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Pauly » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:42 pm

Hi all
Im a moderator on another forum (fishing) We have a seperate area for moderator stuff, its where we discuss site issues. We also have an area we can move posts to that only us mods can see. If any of us mods delete a post instead of moving it, its gone. The only way you can retrieve it is by going through the back ups potentually losing more posts. On a busy site like the one I moderate which gets backed up every night once a post is deleted its gone, unretrievable. I imagine deleted posts would be the same here.

Ps I dont have to confer with any other mod or admin to delete or edit a post
Pauly
Post Machine!

Postby double_d » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:01 pm

i have my own forum
and pauly is correct
once deleted it will only be able to be retreived through a back up
and once you do that you lose all posts posted after last back up

daniel d
double_d
Captain Camping

Return to Forum Rules, Questions & Comments.