Brisbane Outdoors or Adventure Club.

Community groups, clubs etc. tell us about yourselves, who can join, activities, post notices and events.

Moderator: amanda

Postby bugsie » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:40 pm

hi all

i have just joined this forum.

My wife and i are keen and intrested in getting out and meeting new people intrested in like minded activities.

So is there a trip organised yet, if so how do we get in on it? Als oif not i have some fantastic fun ideas for other trips or outings, so if we are up and running let me know and if not but we need some one to get the ball rolling also let me know.

bugs
bugsie

Postby Barby-Q » Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:30 am

Ideas that what we want . So we hope to see you on the day bugsie
Andy & Ange
Barby-Q
Camping Oracle

Postby stevo. » Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:01 pm

I was sifting through the forum and found this gem. Now i hope i don't upset people, but i see lots of people full on keen and enthusiastic about starting something and seems like we all want to be presented with something, like "where do i sign up?".. and the posts can be some months apart so nothing has really taken off, which is not anyones fault. I think the best thing would be like what barby q is doing, just set a date, organise a run and do it, like the Nike ad suggests. It might be hard to organise a "group" like what has been suggested, but if people just set dates, organise and advertise it on here and JUST GO, the group will build. Even if no one turns up, don't let that stop you or put you off, get out and do it, don't wait for it to come to you. Then you get back and stick up photos and say how good it was and everyone gets jealous. If you get back and put up a trip report and whinge about how no one turned up and you never get any support or interest, you just put people off, so the problem compounds.

I hope no one sees that as a big whinge, just trying to be constructive :)
my dodgy blog www.shackers.net
stevo.
There is no conspiracy here....

Postby Ingenious » Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:33 pm

Hey Steve,
I've been waiting for the right group of people to come together, cause the trips I want to run aren't the places you want to be on you on :shock: with a breakdown or injury! But it looks like it's starting to all come together now, so I will be posting up some good ones soon, I'll leave it to the others to post up the family or normal type trips (I'll go to some of those too) I ran a trip out to sundown late last year & posted it on about 5 forums :? only me & the other guy who organized it went, was & top trip :D even getting one other vehicle to go with me was a problem in the past, but now there should be much better chance of getting others to go.
Bring it on 8)
(Check the photos out on the Australian Camping Forum) I don't know how to put a link in for this site :oops: so try googling it!
Ingenious
Camping King

Brisbane Outdoor Club

Postby Activity_Dept » Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:46 pm

Hello everyone, I would love to say we could get it all organised but it will have to be a casual thing to start. I currently count about 5 or 6 interested groups, some family some with a more 4*4 interest etc.

I think Barby_Q has the vote as the organiser for this one. I think Barby_Q if your keen, we will leave it in your hands to post the details and lets see how it goes.

If you get 4-5 groups (people) out you will find it will build fast once you start posting comments on the site and you will probably see different interest groups form.

But for now if you can direct any questions i.e. location of meeting place and destination, time (start, finish) and requirements (vehicle, food etc.) to Barby_Q in this thread we can see the numbers interested. :D
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Postby Barby-Q » Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:23 am

Meeky , your spot on with your comments . Just get out there and do it and it will build . Most likely to get this started we would have to do something small once a month , close to Brisbane, day trips ,
overnight / weekend camping trips Northside and Southside . So if anyone can come up with a good spot for camping or a day out let me know .
Andy & Ange
Barby-Q
Camping Oracle

Previous

Return to Groups & Activities