Taz - Adventure Bay holiday and caravan park on Bruny Is.

Taz - Adventure Bay holiday and caravan park on Bruny Is.

Postby crozzy » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:48 am

Stayed at this park a while ago and would certainly not return while the present operator is in control.
Have travelled Aust. and stayed in probably 50 parks but it was the first time I have been told to go to bed and turn the light out when sitting under the annex enjoying a very quiet drink with my wife but I suppose it was 11 pm.
Very nice area by the beach but you must be back from any fishing trips by 11pm as well.[People who stayed at the beach too late were asked to leave the park very early the next morning.]
Fires were allowed at that stage but the operator told us that she was thinking of stopping them as they keep people up too late.
Bruny Is. is a very nice place apart from all that and there is another park where we will try on our next visit.
Anyone else stayed in the park ?.
crozzy

Postby Scolers » Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:12 pm

Don't think Ive ever had problems like that and we stay in many caravn parks. So long as people arent making a noise it's not a problem.

If it is with the Naitonal Parks Service maybe you could write a letter if you feel the actions were unjust.

Cheers ...

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:26 pm

:shock: :? ... did you give her an earful? Sounds like she was on a power trip :x
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby crozzy » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:31 pm

Well for a start I thought she was joking but her second visit a few minutes later was our last warning if we wanted to stay the next night.
Hard when my wife who has trouble sleeping had to read her book under the blankets with a torch.
crozzy

Bruny Isl

Postby DQ » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:39 pm

We travelled around Tassie in December in a campervan and found that nearly every caravan park operator in the whole state all needed attitude readjustments! Not one of them was very friendly and in fact, if they were up for a chat at all, it was only to complain about all the tourists in the busy season! :roll:
Life goes on, long after the thrill of living has gone...
DQ
Captain Camping

Re: Bruny Isl

Postby CQCapricorn » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:24 pm

DQ wrote:We travelled around Tassie in December in a campervan and found that nearly every caravan park operator in the whole state all needed attitude readjustments! Not one of them was very friendly and in fact, if they were up for a chat at all, it was only to complain about all the tourists in the busy season! :roll:

I have just spent two weeks travelling around Tassie in a Campervan, and found just about every Caravan Park operator friendly and welcoming.

Having worked in the tourism industry for many years, I can personally vouch that more often than not, tourists are the ones who need the attitude adjustment.....spare a thought for all the caravan park operators who have to deal with the grumpy tourists who have just spent all day in the car battling traffic and other tourists..

Many tourists often forget their manners when they go on holidays....and when they do its the caravan park operators, and other tourism and businesss operators who have to do their best to remain polite and welcoming...

I have visited Tasmania many times, and always found the locals and tourism operators to be some of the most friendly and welcoming people in Australia.
CQCapricorn
Boy Scout

Return to Tasmania