SEQ GATHERING - 24 to 27 April 2008, Borumba Deer Park

Community groups, clubs etc. tell us about yourselves, who can join, activities, post notices and events.

Moderator: amanda

Are you coming? (You can change your vote later, x marks your vote)

Yes
35%
No
48%
Maybe
17%

Total votes : 23

Re: SEQ GATHERING - 24 to 27 April 2008, Borumba Deer Park

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:56 pm

Frilly wrote: did everyone camping this ANZAC day weekend, go shopping at the camp stores around Capalaba???

I didn't..

What did you buy Frilly??
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Barby-Q » Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:11 pm

We'll be in that too , Ange is not as keen though. She is going to stay at camp and do grandma things
Andy & Ange
Barby-Q
Camping Oracle

Postby amanda » Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:13 pm

Barby-Q wrote:We'll be in that too , Ange is not as keen though. She is going to stay at camp and do grandma things

What exactly do "Grandma" things involve Andy? BTW, Ange is way too young to be in the "Grandma" class.
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Frilly » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:33 pm

I think I might hang with Ange a little if she doesn't mind... I'd like to do some Grandma type things!!!

When I went shopping Gypsy I bought a new bulb for my Coleman Lantern ($17 gees I didn't think it would be that much but anyway!!), a new camp toaster (everyone's reviews on here convinced me to try a wire one), some new cutlery and plates/bowls/cups etc (ummm after Woodford I didn't bother to wash anything up... sat in the garage and I ended just chucking it all!! how very lazy I am) and a new washing up tub (probably won't need that, from past experience!) So nothing huge, expensive or exciting!!! Oh yeah I got some springs too! I'm going to try that spring at the top thing with two ropes from that... who here was the one on here that did that?? I can't remember!!! Maybe they will be on this camp and show me the 'ropes'! Hehehe...
The story of my life is about back entrances, side doors, secret elevators and other ways of getting in and out of places so that people won't bother me.
Frilly
Camping Veteran

Postby keznpaul » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:49 pm

Hey All.....

Some pretty disappointing news :( We have just got back from docs and the verdict isn't good for the little one... doctors orders are he is not to leave his bed for the rest of this week and we have to go back Thursday and Saturday so unfortunately we will not be coming this trip....

We are all soooooo upset about it, but unfortuantely health comes first!!!!

Have to clean the spare room out now (it's currently got all our camping stuff and lists laid out ready to go)...

Sorry everyone!!! Have a fantastic time and we'll be thinking of you guys!!!!!

Please post heaps of photos and let us know what the fishing is like!

Cheers Kez
*** We're in no hurry - our motto for when we finally get to go around Australia ***
keznpaul
Camping King

Postby will_deness » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:55 pm

Frilly wrote: Oh yeah I got some springs too! I'm going to try that spring at the top thing with two ropes from that... who here was the one on here that did that?? I can't remember!!! Maybe they will be on this camp and show me the 'ropes'! Hehehe...

There is a copyright fee we will have to negotiate first. :***
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby will_deness » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:31 am

So we have 8 groups? Where does that leave you concerning the deposits Troyk?
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Barby-Q » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:52 am

amanda wrote:
Barby-Q wrote:We'll be in that too , Ange is not as keen though. She is going to stay at camp and do grandma things

What exactly do "Grandma" things involve Andy? BTW, Ange is way too young to be in the "Grandma" class.

Handycrafts ,knitting & crochet that's all . I was told not to write grandma things but I did anyway . :***
Andy & Ange
Barby-Q
Camping Oracle

Postby Frilly » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:00 pm

Oh Will I'm not a group... it's just me!! My boyfriend said he might come up one night but I'm not holding my breath!! And I can organise the copyright fee for you too... hehehe 2 bucks do it??

And Ange... I can't do any of those Grandma things but I would love to keep you company anyways... my mum tried long ago to get me interested but I just don't have that gene.

Sorry to here you won't be able to make it Kez... poor little ones!
The story of my life is about back entrances, side doors, secret elevators and other ways of getting in and out of places so that people won't bother me.
Frilly
Camping Veteran

Postby will_deness » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:15 pm

Frilly wrote:Oh Will I'm not a group...
I probably should have said 8 sites ;)
$2 ? I was thinking more like a coffee :lol:
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Frilly » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:48 pm

A coffee??? Like me make one for you?? I've never had a coffee before so am not sure on my barista skills but I'll give it a go... or maybe I can hand you a beer??
Frilly
Camping Veteran

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:10 pm

Frilly wrote:When I went shopping Gypsy I bought a new bulb for my Coleman Lantern ($17 gees I didn't think it would be that much but anyway!!), a new camp toaster (everyone's reviews on here convinced me to try a wire one), some new cutlery and plates/bowls/cups etc

and a new washing up tub (probably won't need that, from past experience!) So nothing huge, expensive or exciting!!! Oh yeah I got some springs too! I'm going to try that spring at the top thing with two ropes from that...

Well that is OK Frilly, even buying those little things can give you a buzz. Being the camping fanatic that I am I can get a buzz out of the small things as well as the biggies. In fact the small things are often the best.

Am glad to hear you went with the wire toaster, I can personally vouch for the performance. They are a real treat to use but do not look away, they do cook pretty quickly.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Frilly » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:28 pm

OHHH good pointer Gypsy.. thanks for that!! I will watch closely. Does the handle get very hot?
Frilly
Camping Veteran

Postby Frilly » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:29 pm

Oh my goodneesssss Im getting terribly excited to go camping... and meet all you wonderful fellow campers!!!
Frilly
Camping Veteran

Postby Barby-Q » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:54 pm

Just managed to squeeze the boys bikes in the back of the car. Now I will have to find room for what was going in there originally.
Lockie is excited also and counting the sleeps .
Andy & Ange
Barby-Q
Camping Oracle

PreviousNext

Return to Groups & Activities