NSW - Dubbo City Caravan Park

NSW - Dubbo City Caravan Park

Postby DQ » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:35 pm

Hi all,

We've just got back from our first trip in our new Jayco Swan. We decided to go somewhere close to home for our first attempt and ended up in Dubbo for the weekend. Some much prayed for rain decided to appear this weekend (Murphy's Law?). Anyhoot, our 11 year old son attempted to utilise the tv/games room advertised for use at Dubbo City Caravan Park only to be told he couldn't be in there without an adult supervising him? Does anyone else find this to be a strange policy? :?
Life goes on, long after the thrill of living has gone...
DQ
Captain Camping

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:08 pm

I believe it, and even understand it... can't say I agree with it being a blanket rule. Its obviously there to stop unsupervised brats tearing the joint to shreads and harrasing other patrons :roll:

Would be better if they only enforced it when they had to though, rather than restricting everyone.
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby familybus » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:55 pm

look at it from this point of view! a young girl was raped and killed in a shopping centre where there was potentialy hundreds of people do there shopping in the same vacinity, she was being supervised by her siblings not far from her, would you let your kids go anywhere without your supervision anymore? i know its a terrible thing to bring up but its my worst fear and even where i used to let my kids walk up to the amenities in a payed camping area, now you cant be too sure!
familybus
Boy Scout

Postby Kramer » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:53 am

familybus wrote:look at it from this point of view! a young girl was raped and killed in a shopping centre where there was potentialy hundreds of people do there shopping in the same vacinity, she was being supervised by her siblings not far from her, would you let your kids go anywhere without your supervision anymore? i know its a terrible thing to bring up but its my worst fear and even where i used to let my kids walk up to the amenities in a payed camping area, now you cant be too sure!

Yep I have seen some dodgy looking campers at some places and wouldn't let my kids loose around a caravan park unsupervised.
All Your Beers Are Belong To Us!
http://www.Tour-Oz.net
Kramer
Tree-climbing Mountain Goat

tv room

Postby DQ » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:09 pm

I understand you point guys, and believe me, I worry constantly about my son - all part of being a parent! But honestly, a tv room that was less than 10 feet from the office in full view???

Just don't really understand what the tv/games room is for if not for kids. Guess I'll be better prepared next time for a rainy weekend away and take more stuff for him to do.
Life goes on, long after the thrill of living has gone...
DQ
Captain Camping

Return to NSW