archon wrote:My ideal camping spot would , in order of importance...
1. Be accessible by motorbike. ROAD bike. A bit of dirt road is fine, but no bush bashing or trail riding. I have no car, only a bike.Yes, mungo meets this req, depending on what campground you chooses (there are several) some are 4x4 only, while most are tar followed by short gravel/dirt tracks
2. have nobody within a few hundred meters at least. Certainly not one of those tent cities that I have seen during travels along the coast. I would prefer to see nobody other than those I was camping with for the entire time.Depends when you go. I've been during march, and there was only my group, and an elderly couple in their Caravan. Have also been over Xmas, and between 24-26/27th, theres pretty much no one there (except my crew ).. but from about boxing day onward it gets pretty crowded... hence, why I leave :wink:
3. not have showers, toilets, etc, as this would seem to conflict strongly with requirement 2.No showers, but does have one of those eco-friendly dunnies
4. Involve a camp fire. (Not in a pre-built fireplace either, please).fine, BUT its a N/P, so its patrolled and no fires during fire ban, and you have to BYO firewood
5. Have fresh water available, so that I do not have to carry my own drinking or washing water (tough on a bike). I am, of course, quite prepared to boil water from a lake, river or stream to meet washing and drinking requirements.Seems to conflict with what you want in 3 buuut, you could boil water from the lake, there's a tap near the dunnies for hand washing only... i wouldn't drink it :wink:
6. Have some trees around (within, say, 200m). Not just dunes, dirt or scrub. This is largely required to satisfy point 4 with fallen branches etc anyway. Tree's are everywhere
My goal is to have a peaceful time, not an exciting time with lots of rock climbing, hiking, rafting, etc. I would like to take a telescope, a book, some music, a bit of simple food and drink, and a good friend or three (or none!).
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests