Waeco 110Litre

Questions, comments, discussions and reviews on equipment, outdoor gear etc.

Re: Waeco 110Litre

Postby Komodo » Wed May 07, 2008 12:05 pm

the "compacts" as i call them from waeco (ie any of their compressor fridges smaller then the CF-80) are FAR FAR more efficient opperators than the CF-80 and CF-110

I've often tossed up weather to invest time and money into making the CF-80 more efficient or weather I should pawn it off and buy two CF-50s set them up as a pidgeon pair fridge and freezer...
A place I'd rather be...
Mitchel Road, Bomjinna. Central West Victoria (Jan '08)
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby will_deness » Wed May 07, 2008 12:22 pm

campinggirl wrote:waeco is very popular but I love the evakool 110 lt check out there website
http://www.evakool.com/

What warranty do evakool offer? I can't seem to find it on their site.
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby campinggirl » Wed May 07, 2008 3:03 pm

regarding the warranty i rang evakool and they said its a 5 year warranty but you have to get it serviced every 2 years
Love Camping girl xox

www.camperland.com.au
http://www.camping-r-us.com.au
campinggirl

Postby Komodo » Wed May 07, 2008 7:23 pm

servicing is cheap generally so i wouldnt stress too much about that - 5 years is good. EVAKOOL are great units!
A place I'd rather be...
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby micko » Wed May 07, 2008 7:48 pm

thanks for all the help another question i have is if we got the cf80 and the 36 battery pack could we run it off that and run the car to charge the pack everyday day how long would we need to run the car for thanks again MICKO AND XRISSY
micko
Boy Scout

Postby oldtrack123 » Wed May 07, 2008 10:44 pm

Hi
How long your batterry lasts depends on a number of factors.
[1]what temp do you want to run it at? on freeze it will run almost continous .The bigger the differance between air temp & fridge temp the longer it will need to run
[2]How warm is the stuff you are putting in?
[3]How often do you open it & for how long?

[4]how much is your batterry charged to start with?
[5] how far are you prepared to discharge your battery?, discharging below 50% shortens battery life dramatically
[5]if your battery is rated in cca amps it is not a deep cycle battery & will have a short life cycle even if only discharged to 50%
oldtrack123
Camping King

Postby will_deness » Wed May 07, 2008 11:51 pm

micko wrote:thanks for all the help another question i have is if we got the cf80 and the 36 battery pack could we run it off that and run the car to charge the pack everyday day how long would we need to run the car for thanks again MICKO AND XRISSY
That seems a round about way to do something the battery in the car already would do. You would be much better off in my opinion spending the power pack money in a really good battery for the vehicle and just going for a drive as you need, the car battery will charge faster than the power pack would. Don't worry too much about getting into a situation where the car battery will be so flat it won't start the car, as waeco's have a 3stage switch where the frig will stop drawing power when the battery falls below a certain voltage. which from the top of my head is on low 9.something upto 11.something volts on high.
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby micko » Thu May 08, 2008 8:36 am

so should we go for a deep cycle battery for the ute and what amp hours do you think, there is no room for a aux battery so it would have to replace the standard battery,would that work? thanks again for all the help :+
micko
Boy Scout

Postby Komodo » Thu May 08, 2008 1:46 pm

I can assure you the voltage cut out is far too low to start a diesel engine. It might leave enough juice to crank a petrol engine but i wouldnt want to count on it.
A place I'd rather be...
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby will_deness » Thu May 08, 2008 1:56 pm

Komodo wrote:I can assure you the voltage cut out is far too low to start a diesel engine. It might leave enough juice to crank a petrol engine but i wouldnt want to count on it.

Even with the setting on high? Does micko even have a diesel?
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Thu May 08, 2008 2:28 pm

micko wrote:so should we go for a deep cycle battery for the ute and what amp hours do you think, there is no room for a aux battery so it would have to replace the standard battery,would that work? thanks again for all the help :+

Don't use a deep cycle as your cranking battery unless its an emergency. It will start the car, but its not too good for the battery. We had to use a deep cycle to crank over a 60 series diesel when its main battery died in the middle of a really rutted out, steep track. No where to pull start or even jump start it.

If you've got a ute, then you've got room for a second battery. Under the tray, in the tray, under the bonnet, somewhere, you'll be able to fit a small battery that will suit your needs.

Or you can just set one up in a box, and only take it with you when you go away. That way you can leave it on trickle charge at home too.

As far as amp hours go, get the most you can afford in $$ and in space. Usually the higher the AH rating, the bigger the battery, and the more it costs.

Have a look on ebay to give you an idea - http://cgi.ebay.com.au/12-VOLT-100Ah-AG ... otohosting
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby will_deness » Thu May 08, 2008 2:37 pm

That's right! if you have a ute then you have space for a 2nd battery.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby micko » Thu May 08, 2008 5:59 pm

we have s pack petrol commodore ute if we get a deep cycle battery and put it in a box in the back of the ute how will go about charging it while we are away
micko
Boy Scout

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Thu May 08, 2008 6:18 pm

micko wrote:we have s pack petrol commodore ute if we get a deep cycle battery and put it in a box in the back of the ute how will go about charging it while we are away

Err.... with wire... :lol:

Run wires from main battery, to a isolator like this Another ebay example - so it only charges your 2nd battery once your main one is full, that way your starting battery wont accidentally go flat - and then run a wire from that, to the 2nd battery.

Or a cheaper/easier option is to just wire in a switch, and make sure you flick it off when you stop driving. Just a manual way of doing the same thing.

Its going to be expensive unless you can work out how to do it yourself. Probably going to need to drill a small hole in the back of the tray, run the wires discretely through it and along the under body, and into the engine bay. Could mount the isolator or switch in the tray as well. Thats just what I'd do.
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby Komodo » Fri May 09, 2008 3:53 pm

Theres enough room under a VS for a second battery. From memory theres about 1.5 - 2 cubic feet. We stick sub boxes in there and pant the boxes in bitumen to make the water proof all the time.
A place I'd rather be...
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

PreviousNext

Return to Gear Guide