Waeco 110Litre

Questions, comments, discussions and reviews on equipment, outdoor gear etc.

Re: Waeco 110Litre

Postby Komodo » Fri May 09, 2008 3:56 pm

clairification:

Im talking in VS utes under the tub on the opposite side to the petrol tank.

You'll have to make up some form of bracketry to hold it up in place
A place I'd rather be...
Mitchel Road, Bomjinna. Central West Victoria (Jan '08)
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby micko » Fri May 09, 2008 5:57 pm

thats sounds like the way to go we have decided on a waeco cf 80 went looking at them last night at BCF to get a idea of the size, will get a deep cycle battery and get a isolator and get it wired in, my son works at a place in vic that deals in waeco's so we can get one at cost just have to sort out the cheapest way to get it to brisbane, i think a good esky and bags of ice would do but the boss says she want a fridge, thanks again for all the help. micko & xrissy
micko
Boy Scout

Postby micko » Thu May 29, 2008 8:40 pm

well we finaly got our 80lt waeco so now i have a few more questions if anyone can help, what temp should i set the freezer at, set it at zero at first to see if it would freeze water but didnt, so i have set it at -5 tonight to see what happpends, if i was full of frozen meat would zero be enough to keep it frozen, anyone with a waeco 80 lt would like to here about what you set yours on MICKO AND XRISSY
micko
Boy Scout

Postby will_deness » Fri May 30, 2008 1:33 am

0 degrees would be a bit of a struggle to keep meat frozen most times of the year, things like outside temp and opening would make it hard to keep meat on the fine line. Our 50l is a older model and it just has a series of led lights as a temp guide, when we want stuff to stay frozen we get all leds going. So yeah I think you will need to set it around -5 degrees to keep meat frozen in all but the hottest months.
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Troyk » Fri May 30, 2008 7:43 am

As a guide your fridge at home would be about 4 degrees and the freezer -18 degrees. :grin:
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby Komodo » Fri May 30, 2008 1:45 pm

Mine doesnt have a temp gauge (mines the older series) and I run it flat out - unless I know for sure I wont be in and out of it for a couple of days (ie when i went to rottness island) then i turn it down 2 leds I would reacon you wouldnt want your freezer to be much warmer than about -10 at the very highest
A place I'd rather be...
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Fri May 30, 2008 2:00 pm

You can buy an internal fridge/freezer thermometer for less than $10 at any kitchen supplies outlet. You can use this to monitor the interior temp and thereby take the guesswork out of it.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Komodo » Fri May 30, 2008 6:37 pm

Also water doesnt freeze @ 0 celcius it just remains in its current state either solid or liquid theres a name for the state i just cant remember it
A place I'd rather be...
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Komodo » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:10 pm

Micko any news on how the fridge is going?

Did you end up going dual batts?
A place I'd rather be...
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby micko » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:57 am

havnt had a chance to use the fridge yet just had shoulder surgery so have been a bit quite, we have been told by the person we got the fridge off that if we get a good battery for the ute it should be fine for a few days but i dont think that it would be so will just try it and then decide what to do we are off to bigriggen this weekend but are only taking the esky. cheers MICKO & XRISSY
micko
Boy Scout

Previous

Return to Gear Guide