Mosquito Spray??

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Re: Mosquito Spray??

Postby GypsyLady » Tue May 06, 2008 4:49 pm

campinggirl wrote:Might try that but another product that works well is Skoot insectide and insect repellent. It is pyrethrum based. Its safe to use on small children,my boy is 18 months old and i use it on him.

This is not for spraying onto anyone it is for spraying the surface to keep them at bay which will be heaps better if it works.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby oldtrack123 » Thu May 08, 2008 11:06 pm

Hi gypsy
They say mossies are attracted by the co2 we breath out so it might still work :***
oldtrack123
Camping King

Postby amanda » Mon May 12, 2008 9:12 am

I tried the Listerine! I was at Iluka last weekend and the mozzies were pretty thick, as were the sand flies and midgees. The Listerine seemed to deter the mozzies, as I only ended up with the odd bite or two - however it did absolutely nothing for the sand flies or midgees - I ended up covered in bites and so reverted back to the trusty old Bushman's.
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Mon May 12, 2008 9:17 am

Thanks for the report Amanda. The email never mentioned the others only mozzies and I doubt anything so simple would deter those little blighters.

Sorry to hear you ended up with so many bites from them, I am allergic to sandfly bites so hope you do not react as badly as I do with them. You'd think it would be too cold for them at this time of year.

Did you spray the listerine about as a surface spray??

Thanks again.

Cheers...
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby amanda » Mon May 12, 2008 9:32 am

I thought it would have been too cool for them as well - unfortunately not. Yes, we sprayed the Listerine around in and around the camp kitchen we were using. As I said, seemed to work for the mozzies.
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Mon May 12, 2008 9:40 am

Well at least that is one down and only 2 others left to deal with now, thanks Amanda.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:50 pm

gypsylady wrote:This came to me in an email.

I have absolutely no idea if this is a joke or not but thought it may well be worth a try especially for us Qlders. Might just be a good marketing ploy by Listerine…

If anyone tries it and has success you might like to let us all know

Mosquito Spray...

At a deck party awhile back, and the bugs were having a ball biting everyone. A man at the party sprayed the lawn and deck floor with Listerine, and the little demons disappeared. The next year I filled a 4-ounce spray bottle and used it around my seat whenever I saw mosquitoes. And voila! That worked as well. It worked at a picnic where we sprayed the area around the food table, the children's swing area, and the standing water nearby.

Has anyone tried this??
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Previous

Return to Camping Tips and Locations