DMH oberon

Questions, comments, discussions and reviews on equipment, outdoor gear etc.

DMH oberon

Postby Beau » Mon May 19, 2008 8:12 pm

This is a bloody good tent to have for hiking, very light, strong and guess what, it fits 1 man & two large breed dogs + a pack and sulky cart under the fly in a pinch, one thing I would recomend to do is to seam seal the fly cover yourself , the taped seams alone are a let down at the tie ons in severe downpours of high wind.

Simply get a tube of selly's silicone sealant and a latex glove and rub in the silicone along the seams inside and out. NO PROBLEMS EVER AGAIN FOR EVER!
:?#
We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home, in towns and cities. -Nessmuk
Beau
Camping King

Re: DMH oberon

Postby GypsyLady » Tue May 20, 2008 1:02 pm

I don't know about the Oberon but I have 3 DMH tents and they are the Tanami, Omeo 3 and Omeo 4.

All 3 have stood the test of time, windy conditions and bad weather many times over. I agree I would not ever hesitate to purchase a DMH tent
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Redback » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:58 am

Beau wrote:This is a bloody good tent to have for hiking, very light, strong and guess what, it fits 1 man & two large breed dogs + a pack and sulky cart under the fly in a pinch, one thing I would recomend to do is to seam seal the fly cover yourself , the taped seams alone are a let down at the tie ons in severe downpours of high wind.

Simply get a tube of selly's silicone sealant and a latex glove and rub in the silicone along the seams inside and out. NO PROBLEMS EVER AGAIN FOR EVER!
:?#

:shock: :shock:
01 Discovery TD5 Locked & Lifted & Redback Country Camper Trailer
We swear by the Southern Cross to stand truly by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties.
Peter Lalor
Redback
Blatant Padder

Postby Pebble » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:19 pm

Hey, we've just gone from a camper trailer back to tents. We didn't like those big done type things (imagine they take ages to put up) and the Tourer style just seemed overly heavy & bulky. So we ended up with two DMH Derwents - one for us and one for the two kids!

Just put them up for testing before our first trip - camping and visiting rellies.

Pebble

Return to Gear Guide