SEQ Gathering - 6 to 9 June 2008, Andrew Drynan Park

Community groups, clubs etc. tell us about yourselves, who can join, activities, post notices and events.

Moderator: amanda

Are you coming? (you can change your vote as shown as a X)

Poll ended at Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:43 pm

Booked
9%
Planning to come
9%
Thinking about it
No votes
Can't make it
82%
Not happy about the arrangements
No votes

Total votes : 11

Re: SEQ Gathering - 6 to 9 June 2008, Andrew Drynan Park

Postby ChallengeLee » Fri May 16, 2008 9:04 pm

Have been staying at Bigriggen outside of Rathdowney the past two weekends and have found the weather to be cold but providing you have ample enough warm clothes and bedding then you will do fine. Huge campfires always help.
Lowest temp we got to was around 4 on the last morning we were there last weekend, still really lovely through the days but l must admit l wore jeans all last weeekend and a 3/4 length sleeved top during the day.

I hope you all have a great weekend. l'll be driving past Rathdowney on my way to Levuka on the Friday, could just call in for a cuppa if anyones there early enough. :grin:
ChallengeLee
Camping Veteran

Postby Troyk » Mon May 19, 2008 7:30 pm

Work is a bit draining for me at the moment, so I am probalby getting a bit cool on this trip, a bit like the weather. :grin:

I know the interest is low but feel free if you are interested to go. All you have to do is book and go and have fun!

Enjoy. 8)
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby GypsyLady » Tue May 20, 2008 8:40 am

Troyk wrote:Work is a bit draining for me at the moment, so I am probalby getting a bit cool on this trip, a bit like the weather. :grin:

I know the interest is low but feel free if you are interested to go. All you have to do is book and go and have fun!

Enjoy. 8)

So Troy does that mean you are bailing on this camp???
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Poodle Jewel » Tue May 20, 2008 5:13 pm

There looked like only Troy and me going so if i`m on my pat malone i`ll be backing out too.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby amanda » Tue May 20, 2008 5:18 pm

Gypsy's going isn't she?
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby freerocketman1 » Tue May 20, 2008 8:28 pm

iam unable to go as im not set up yet for winter camping just yet, hopefully in the near future
freerocketman1
Blatant Padder

Postby keznpaul » Thu May 22, 2008 10:00 pm

We are planning to come - is anyone else going still or we might try book somewhere else?
*** We're in no hurry - our motto for when we finally get to go around Australia ***
keznpaul
Camping King

Postby GypsyLady » Fri May 23, 2008 8:36 am

keznpaul wrote:We are planning to come - is anyone else going still or we might try book somewhere else?

My concern is that for people who are concerned about camping in the cold weather then a venue that has hot showers and the normal ablutions block would be better.

I did suggest SGS in an earlier post as the group was to have a gathering there earlier in the year.

I have also suggested Goomburra Valley Campground but because the group is going out that way later in the year, some members decided that they did not want to go to the same area twice.

The biggest problem that you will now face is whether or not you can still get a booking.

I personally don't have a problem camping in winter but then not everyone is lucky enough to have the set up I have.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Troyk » Fri May 23, 2008 7:17 pm

keznpaul wrote:We are planning to come - is anyone else going still or we might try book somewhere else?

I think there are some takers so it may still happen. Perhaps people could pst their interest :)
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby will_deness » Fri May 23, 2008 7:23 pm

Unfortunatly it is too close to the time we are going away for a week, aiming at the next one tho.
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Al&Sharon » Sun May 25, 2008 10:20 am

Hi every 1 havnt been on for a while busy with work, so the June trips off mainly because of the cold it seems, is any 1 interested in a beach trip somewhere it will be warmer maybe inskip cooloola or around that way, sharons trying to get the weekend off as shes working, but even if she cant the kids and I will be heading off somewhere, Alan
Al&Sharon
Post Machine!

Postby keznpaul » Sun May 25, 2008 8:22 pm

Hi Everyone,

We're bailing out of Andrew Drynan Park, but have booked Flanagan's Reserve if anyone is heading that way over the weekend. We're taking the canoe as they say the creek is running, so that will be sweet, and have the -5 sleeping bags and the port ready! Can't wait for the roaring fire.

Will post pics when we get back.

Have a safe weekend all.

Cheers Kez
*** We're in no hurry - our motto for when we finally get to go around Australia ***
keznpaul
Camping King

Postby GypsyLady » Sun May 25, 2008 9:22 pm

Think the bottle of Port is as much a 'must have' for winter camping as the roaring campfire Kez.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Previous

Return to Groups & Activities