QLD -Lake Dyer Campground at Bill Gunn Dam

QLD -Lake Dyer Campground at Bill Gunn Dam

Postby GypsyLady » Sun May 25, 2008 4:01 pm

Just had news that the Lake Dyer Campground at Bill Gunn Dam at Laidley now has fees from day 1. It is now $30 for the first night + $20 deposit for the amenities key (refundable) followed by 2 nights free and then additional fees thereafter.

I have since been advised that the above info is not the case. The original info on the fee structure given to me and posted here is incorrect so apologies all round.

I understand that there are also now signs up all around the place with rules for everything and you can no longer have a campfire.

The new management seems hell bent on deterring people rather than attracting them to the campground.
Last edited by GypsyLady on Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Re: Lake Dyer Campground at Bill Gunn Dam

Postby will_deness » Sun May 25, 2008 5:05 pm

Isn't the dam at something like 10% capacity? Doesn't have a lot going for it IMHO.
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Sun May 25, 2008 9:18 pm

Is is only a relatively small dam anyhow and yes it is very low though not sure at what %.

Don't think people ever went there for the dam, most went because it was free, especially the caravan clubs. This why the fees have been introduced or at least that is what we are being told.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Sun May 25, 2008 11:23 pm

no campfires ::()

Pff, thats not camping.

$10 a night, which it works out to, is reasonable. Provided its a nice well looked after place.
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby will_deness » Mon May 26, 2008 12:33 am

gypsylady wrote:
Don't think people ever went there for the dam, most went because it was free,

We used to go skiing there years ago and I believe it is stocked for fishing. I remember it having a concrete boat ramp, although I think there is pretty tight restrictions on how many boats allowed on the water at any given time.
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Mon May 26, 2008 9:21 am

Ozzycamperboy wrote:no campfires ::()

Pff, thats not camping.

$10 a night, which it works out to, is reasonable. Provided its a nice well looked after place.

Yeah it does Ozzy but it seems because it was free for so long the regulars are not happy with it.. Plus the introduction of all the new rules as well.

One of the major attractions for camping in the winter months is the campfire and I agree...no campfire....not a happy camp.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Troyk » Mon May 26, 2008 6:07 pm

will_deness wrote:Isn't the dam at something like 10% capacity? Doesn't have a lot going for it IMHO.

Its what they call an off stream storage. When the Lockyer Creek floods, water is pumped into it (via the Laidley weir) and then stored to recharge the local aquifers. Claredon and Atkinson are the same. Except at Atkinson they don't need to pump as the flood spills into it.

So bring on the floods (or not) :armsup
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby Troyk » Thu May 29, 2008 7:52 pm

gypsylady wrote:............I understand that there are also now signs up all around the place with rules for everything.....

This is one of the signs

Its the only time you are allowed campfires :armsup
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby GypsyLady » Fri May 30, 2008 9:33 am

will_deness wrote:
I remember it having a concrete boat ramp, although I think there is pretty tight restrictions on how many boats allowed on the water at any given time.

Last time I was there the end of the boat ramp was so far from the water that you'd have to take a cut lunch to get there....
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Re: QLD -Lake Dyer Campground at Bill Gunn Dam

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:21 am

gypsylady wrote:Just had news that the Lake Dyer Campground at Bill Gunn Dam at Laidley now has fees from day 1. It is now $30 for the first night + $20 deposit for the amenities key (refundable) followed by 2 nights free and then additional fees thereafter.

Sorry guys but I have since found that the above information is incorrect.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to Queensland