Just another newbie

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Just another newbie

Postby AliKat » Wed May 28, 2008 12:19 am

HI there everyone just thought that I would drop in and say :hello: to you all!!! Im new to the site and glad that I found such a fantastic bunch of people who Im sure can give me hips of hints/tips in my new hobbie of camping :) :)

Im another QUEENSLANDER!!! Living in BrisVegas but originally from the fantastic Sunny Coast. 30. Married. 1 x fur kid (who rules the house... and the car... and the holiday plans) Recently went on a great few days away with hubby and a group of awesome guys from work and have now caught the camping bug :+ and also looking at buying fishing gear!

Now we are trying to organise a leisurely trip away for 11days June/July - yep cold I know but I love sitting around the fire. We have asked a few friends to join us and looks like there will be about 10+ of us going up to Inskip and at least 1 fur kid in tow and 2 of the human kind.

Anyway spent a few hours last night going through this site and so wanted to make some comments but its taken til this pm to get my membership approved - I was almost going insane but hey Im here now!!!

So now what I am going to look for is a really comprehensive checklist of the things that we will need to take up with us - this time we are getting a towbar and taking a trailer because we never travel lightly!!! Not to mention some of our friends who we have convinced to come and sit round the fire dont have any camping gear :?

ANyway I will stop boring you all so late at night - sorry but Im excited :armsup ::)

Hope you are all well!!! Take care and keep smiling

ALi
AliKat
Boy Scout

Re: Just another newbie

Postby cruiser » Wed May 28, 2008 8:15 am

Welcome aboard Ali :hello: calm down take a deep breath you are here now :***
cruiser
Camping Veteran

Postby amanda » Wed May 28, 2008 8:28 am

Wecome Ali - perhaps if you can list for us the things that you already have, and then between us all we may be able to come up with a comprehensive list of what you might need for your trip.
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby AliKat » Wed May 28, 2008 10:28 am

OK I do have quite a bit of stuff already but was wanting to make sure that I dont forget anything. So far I have

tent (buying a bigger one as well)
2 tarps & poles/ropes/pegs
hammer - small slegdie kind
foam eva connecting floor mats
airbeds
sleeping bags
ensuite tent
shower bag
keg (hot water system)
chairs
tables - folding trestle & coleman butterfly kind
2 burner stove & stand
2 burner bbq
lantern gas and battery op
2 x 9kg gas bottles (thinking need a small one for gas lantern)
2 eskys
plastic storage tubs for all food
3 x 20L water containers

I think that is what we have if I can remember but we may have more and its most of the big things that we have I guess its some of the smaller things that we may not have

NEED:
fishing gear
shovel
rake
dustpan & brush
AliKat
Boy Scout

Postby amanda » Wed May 28, 2008 11:54 am

- Plastic tub for washing up
- Spare rope
- Clothes pegs and something to use as a clothes line
- First aid kit
- Fire extinguisher
- Tool kit
- Axe

If I can think of anything else I'll add it later.
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby AliKat » Wed May 28, 2008 11:58 am

OK forgot that I have the plastic wash tub and the first aid kit (it lives in the car as I am an emergency nurse) and have a tool kit & a leatherman multi tool
AliKat
Boy Scout

Postby Teabag » Wed May 28, 2008 5:55 pm

Welcome...... :hello:
2006 GU4 4.2TDi Patrol with 2005 Limited Edition Kimberley Kamper and plenty of goodies.

http://www.4wdmonthly.com.au/shed/index.php?id=1003
Teabag
Captain Camping

Postby Troyk » Wed May 28, 2008 6:57 pm

Welcome :armsup
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby Blue Bravo » Wed May 28, 2008 10:22 pm

G'day and welcome :grin:
Glenn
A member of the leisure class
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby ChallengeLee » Wed May 28, 2008 10:41 pm

:hello: and welcome ALi
ChallengeLee
Camping Veteran

Postby GypsyLady » Thu May 29, 2008 3:33 pm

WELCOME to the forum AliKat……….

Seems like you have it all pretty well sorted for a newbie. anything else you need to know I am sure the forum members will be able to assist you.

I too am off camping for a week at the end of June and really looking forward to the challenge of camping in the dead of winter. I am pretty confident that I have it all sorted at this stage and time will tell.

Make sure you have the hot water bottles, thermal unders and the port packed and you'll ace it in.

I am probably the resident fur kid mother so if I can help in any way in that dept please let me know.

My girl is pretty much the same....rules my life (in a very good way), home, car, holidays, camping and definitely my heart.

Cheers Gypsy....
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby AliKat » Thu May 29, 2008 7:27 pm

Gypsy glad to hear that some one else is ruled by the fur kids :) :) Where are you going camping in June? I think we have our boy sorted. He has his zip up bed which has sheep skin mat in it and he has pj's and what I call his puppy dryzabone...
Here he is in his pj's :***

AliKat
Boy Scout

Postby GypsyLady » Fri May 30, 2008 9:07 am

AliKat wrote:Gypsy glad to hear that some one else is ruled by the fur kids :) :) Where are you going camping in June? I think we have our boy sorted. He has his zip up bed which has sheep skin mat in it and he has pj's and what I call his puppy dryzabone...
Here he is in his pj's :***

I think my little girl might be a little more spoiled if that is possible AliKat, she actually sleeps in bed with me. She does have her very own sleeping bag (complete with tiny paw prints on it), she also has her own pink chair (complete with a lambs wool) and she has a REAL driza bone jacket that the girls at Driza-Bone modified to fit her..

She also has her own pink tent but only plays in it and she keeps her toys in it.

I cannot see your pic from here at work but will definitely check it out at home Ali. Yes I am glad too to know that there is another forumite who is as crazy about their canine family as I am. WELCOME.

Cheers Gypsy.....
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby GypsyLady » Sat May 31, 2008 1:31 pm

AliKat wrote:Here he is in his pj's :***

Well now, he is a big boy and looking pretty comfy in those PJs as well....
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to Introductions: