Travelling from Perth to NSW.Any suggestions where to camp?

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Travelling from Perth to NSW.Any suggestions where to camp?

Postby Mr Hilux Surf » Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:12 am

:?:

Hi !!
I am travelling from Perth to Grafton NSW in a couple of weeks and wanted to know if anyone knows of any good camping spots ? I have a 4wd (incase the user name didnt give that away : ) ! and a flip out camper trailer.
Has anyone got any suggestions ? I will have my partner and 5 year old son with me
Cheers
Mr Hilux Surf

Postby Scolers » Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:39 am

Across the nullarbor there are basic (primitive) caravan grounds.

Are you in a hurry? Or taking your time?

A trip to esperance thence Israelite BAy then back up to the main hwy is always fun.

Balladonia and the other major fuel stops have powered sites then after Eyre hot tail it to Ceduna and book into a decent camping ground/ caravan pakr to wash the red dirt off.

Cheers ...

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Kramer » Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:55 am

Must be a echo in here! I find that the site can be a little slow to upload my messages sometimes but I resist not to press that button more than once! :lol: Try here:

http://www.sheerboredom.net/modules.php ... cle&sid=48
All Your Beers Are Belong To Us!
http://www.Tour-Oz.net
Kramer
Tree-climbing Mountain Goat

Postby Scolers » Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:34 pm

YEah sorry about that ... hpefully Ozzy will clear up the other two posts.

:roll:

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:02 pm

Don't try and blame the echo for your post whoring :P :mrgreen:...

If your heading to Grafton, i know a great lil place, but its about 1hr further east-ish from Grafton. Called Lake Cargellico, i've staid at the caravan park twice and have nothing but good things to say about it. Toilets/showers very clean, beautifull green grass flanked by red dirt :shock: . And a HUUUUUGE lake in the middle o no where, really quite a contrast that makes for a beutiful place. Its funny to see ski-boats being towed down a red dust track in the centre of NSW :lol: . I'll prolly be doing a review on it soon so watch this space :wink:
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby Scolers » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:44 am

ozzycamperboy wrote:Don't try and blame the echo for your post whoring :P :mrgreen:...

Admin! Admin! I'm being vilified again!

:roll: :P :wink:

{Scol exits stage left}
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Re:

Postby Sk8r King » Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:00 pm

i was wondering, my mums a single parent and we have no idea where my dad is. my uncle and auntie and 2 kids r renting a house nextdoor. me and my uncle r good friendz, and r looking for a good spot to camp along a beach, where u can also light fires, within about 5 hours of Perth. any suggestions? :?
u all laugh at me cause im different.....i laugh at u cause ur all the same.
Sk8r King

Postby Scolers » Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:10 pm

You dont need to go that far for what you want.

If you have access to a 4wd then go to Wilbunga (just before the Guilderton turnoff). If you dont have a 4wd you can go to Cervantes and take the Indian Ocean drive road to Jurien Bay. WHen you are about half way there is a turnoff to the left (you have to look) it's all wheel drive to carpark and is usually quiet this time of year.

Let me know if you have a 4wd and I'll be more accurate with the Wilbunga directions.

Cheers ...

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

yes

Postby Sk8r King » Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:52 pm

well actually, my uncle has a maveric(if thats how to spell it?) so yes we have a 4wd
Sk8r King

Postby Scolers » Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:56 pm

Wilbunga (might be Wilbinga) is easy ... head north from Wanneroo Road toward Lancelin. It takes about 45 mins to get to the turnoff... it's signposted ... VERY big sign Wilbunga Grv or something like that. It's a picnic area ... stop here and let the tyres down to 16-20psi. You'll see a track heading west ... there are signs on the trees saying "4wd Recovery Service" .

Bascially, follow the trail (it's a big track ... just sandy and a bit rocky in places) as far as you can west and then you come to a t intersection. It's a 'T' becuase there's a bloody big sand dune infront of you. Go either left or right and then follow the tracks over the dunes. That gets you to the ocean. Just be careful at this time of year as the beach is wet and boggy. I found out the hard way in May this year ... :roll: ... so long as the driver is ok driving on sand and you have air compressors it's a great overnighter if you like fishing. It's appox. 15k's from Guilderton ... just depends on how far north you head from the 'T' .

Hope this helps.

If you have a gps I can post the waypoint to the Wilbunga turnoff but as I said you can't miss it.

Cheers ...

Scol.

EDIT: Just checked the map it is Wilbinga Grove and it's approx. 40k's from the Burns Beach turnoff.

Cheers ...

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

ok

Postby Sk8r King » Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:05 pm

No we dont have a gps. i would love 1 though. :cry: just checking, u can camp and light fires? we were kinda liking to stay a weekend, or even longer.
Sk8r King

Postby Sk8r King » Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:15 pm

it has been quiet a time since ive last camped anywhere. last summer, i went to lake leschinaultia(hard spelling) up in the hills. the name says it all, great spot, they actually bring the wood to u. if anyones been there, u know wat i mean. but apart from that time. i havent camped for about 4 yrs. i used to live in karratha and me and family found a great waterfall camp spot about 2 hours from there. and was almost a holiday thing, we went there all the time.
Sk8r King

Re: ok

Postby Scolers » Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:55 pm

Sk8r King wrote:No we dont have a gps. i would love 1 though. :cry: just checking, u can camp and light fires? we were kinda liking to stay a weekend, or even longer.

You can light fires there but you'd have to take your own wood. This is really an overnight spot so if you want to camp any longer then maybe try Hill River (half way inbetween Cervantes and Jurien). It takes about 3 hrs from Perth. Easy enough to find but you have to drive on the beach for about 20mins to get there. Check at the visitor info centre at Cervantes for directions and track/ beach conditions.

Cheers ...

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Sk8r King » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:02 pm

Thanx... ur help is muchly appreciated.
Sk8r King

Postby Scolers » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:16 pm

No probs!

:D

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Next

Return to Camping Tips and Locations