SEQ - Boreen Point, 25 to 27 July 2008

Community groups, clubs etc. tell us about yourselves, who can join, activities, post notices and events.

Moderator: amanda

Are you interested in a july camp?

Poll ended at Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:28 pm

I'm keen
50%
Brrrr.....Love too but too bloody cold
40%
I'll wait until September
10%

Total votes : 10

Re: SEQ - Anyone interested in a camp around Late July

Postby GregS » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:06 pm

Hi Gypsylady

We are in a position at this point where we simply want to share a new venue so 'how many is enough' is fluid.

I'm thinking that if you booked a minimum of say 35 people we would drop the price to $8 a head.

If activities and catering were also part of the package we would make it a value for money event.

My job is to find a win-win!

Regards and thanks for asking.

Greg
GregS
Boy Scout

Re: SEQ = Anyone interested in a camp around Late July

Postby Activity_Dept » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:49 pm

Might have to do some promotions to get 35 out, could put something in a newsletter or something to boost numbers. Not sure if June is the right month for it though. Maybe better to wait until September and give it a bit of thought, target 100 ish (a Camping Club record). :armsup
The admin guy.
Discover Camping
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Re: SEQ = Anyone interested in a camp around Late July

Postby Troyk » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:07 am

Activity_Dept wrote:Might have to do some promotions to get 35 out, could put something in a newsletter or something to boost numbers. Not sure if June is the right month for it though. Maybe better to wait until September and give it a bit of thought, target 100 ish (a Camping Club record). :armsup

The most we have had is about 35 and that includes all the kids. Don't think we are going to get too many numbers for July so September might be better.

Greg, I might come down for a recon one weekend. I will send you a PM when I get a date,
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:07 pm

I agree with the others Greg, I doubt that you would get 35 paying adults at this time with this group.

I would think that 20 adults would be a more realistic number which is why I asked the question. Any more than that would be a push.

Cheers Gypsy
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby AliKat » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:18 am

This one is probably out for us as we will be at Inskip June 25th - July 5th... With a battery operated 5" black and white TV to watch State of Origin!!! GO THE MAROONS!!!!!!
AliKat
Boy Scout

Postby Frilly » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:07 pm

Hey Guys!!

Is this camp a go?? Do we need to book through the campsite??
The story of my life is about back entrances, side doors, secret elevators and other ways of getting in and out of places so that people won't bother me.
Frilly
Camping Veteran

Postby amanda » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:37 pm

Can we clarify whether or not this camp is at Borreen - or has it now moved to Tweed Valley? Sorry, it's a bit confusing reading through this thread.
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Al&Sharon » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:28 pm

Hi Amanda. the camp is Borreen ,Ive said to Troy I would go with him to the Tweed to do a recon for a September camp, as we both feel we could get our numbers up with a little more notice and maybe get some of the northern nsw crew aboard, so come on every 1 the weekend of the 26th get the wollies out OPPPs we dont need wollies do we its QUEENSLAND.Alan
Al&Sharon
Post Machine!

Postby Troyk » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:42 pm

Hey Al, I take it you found your two kids yesterday. Liam and I looked real hard from the chair lift, honestly. :mrgreen:

The July camp is not meant to be anything special and will be low key, just for the keen winter campers. I will post some details up shortly. They don't take bookings at the campground so we don't need to make any arrangements. I figure pub lunch at the Apollonian Hotel might be worth a go on the saturday.

The Uki option is better suited for September as we are more likley to get the numbers as it will be warmer.

Cheers :cheers
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk

Postby Al&Sharon » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:57 pm

Yes Troy had a missunderstanding they where sitting further up the main track had the icecream polished off and said weve been here ages but yer had an easy trip home . just waiting for the telephone to ring now to say weve won the caravan :*** :*** :***
Al&Sharon
Post Machine!

Re: SEQ - Boreen Point, 25 to 27 July 2008

Postby AliKat » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:24 pm

<<< Is waiting for the same phone call!!! Or any phone call at all to say that we won anything at all even
AliKat
Boy Scout

Postby Troyk » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:49 pm

Troyk wrote:This will be a low key event and is intended for those looking for a weekend camp away during the cooler months.

Boreen Point is about 20 or so mins north of Noosa. To get there drive north along the Bruce Hwy and take the Pomona turn off and then drive another 20 km to the point.

Google Earth location is 26°17'13.04"S, 152°59'36.92"E which is for the entrance.

I thought the best place to camp is the furtherest point from the entrance as there is a well sheltered area though its a little bit of a walk to the amentities.

We wont worry about any camp oven cook offs, just keep it simple.

Details will be updated at the top of the thread. :mrgreen:

Post, PM or email if you are coming and I will track numbers thanks.

Troyk

Postby kazzakanary » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:49 am

Al&Sharon wrote:Yes Troy had a missunderstanding they where sitting further up the main track had the icecream polished off and said weve been here ages but yer had an easy trip home . just waiting for the telephone to ring now to say weve won the caravan :*** :*** :***

I was waiting that phone call too - I didn't get one - did you Al????
kazzakanary
Camping Oracle

Postby Al&Sharon » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:06 pm

No Kazz never got the phone call, I often wonder if any 1 ever wins the caravan. Does any 1 know of any 1 thats won it do you think its a fix
Al&Sharon
Post Machine!

Postby Frilly » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:54 pm

Hey All!!

Been busy with things lately but I am back again... I WILL be there for this camp but just for the Saturday and Sunday... start uni part time that week and I have a lecture/tut Friday nights. Will keep posted for details... thanks guys!!
The story of my life is about back entrances, side doors, secret elevators and other ways of getting in and out of places so that people won't bother me.
Frilly
Camping Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Groups & Activities