New Campers ready to explore the World (Australia)

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

New Campers ready to explore the World (Australia)

Postby tigerland3 » Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:33 am

Hi All....Just went out and bought a camper trailer. Pick it up this arvo (hope it will fit in the garage!). Being completely new to the camping scene we would love to hear from others who can advise on locations, tips, travel groups and general info. We are just north of Brisbane and will be starting out on w/end adventures.
tigerland3

Postby amanda » Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:51 am

Go to the "Groups/4WD/Social" forum to the "Attention Brisbane Members" thread, it may be of interest to you. Oh, and welcome!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Scolers » Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:33 pm

Welcome to the site mate ... now post some pics of your new pride and joy ... :?#

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Jock » Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:54 pm

Welcome tigerland3 :grin:

Firstly I would recomend that if you are completly new to camping I would start with parks and camping spots with Toilet blocks/showers etc.

Just so that if you go out and and get dirty and you can still enjoy the weekend. The culture shock won't quite be so big. Also maybe your missus OR your man may not like the lack of amenities.

Then you can slowly work your way up to the more and more distant places. Just I have seen a few people get the new camper trailer/ tent and go camping and really want to rough it and end up hating it. So start gentle and enjoy. Get out and see this great country of ours. There are so many places to go. Don't spend too much time looking for the perfect spot to start just go and enjoy it.

After a few trips you will get a feel for what you like and then you can plan around that. I personally like no amenties/ major seclusion but thats me. If there is a toilet block with hot showers I won't be saying no.
Trouble maker ;-)
Jock
Boy Scout

Return to Camping Tips and Locations