Hello all

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Hello all

Postby Redback » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:55 am

Hi everyone, some will know me from other forums, but for those that don't, my name is Barry, the boss is Kerry and our daughter Venesser and 2 dogs Pepper & Honey come camping too, we hail from Helensburgh NSW, it's the oldest coal mining town in Australia, the mine has been going for over 120yrs, it is nestled between Garrawarra State Rec Park and Royal National Park, halfway between Sydney and Wollongong on the Illawarra escarpment.
We are avid campers and go most weekends and every long weekend, we have an offroad campertrailer which is towed by our Land Rover Discovery, we average around 35,000ks a year.
We mainly bush camp, very rarely do we go to caravan parks, as we prefer the quiet of the bush, we also do a lot of outback touring as well as the High Country.

Well that's me.

Baz.
01 Discovery TD5 Locked & Lifted & Redback Country Camper Trailer
We swear by the Southern Cross to stand truly by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties.
Peter Lalor
Redback
Blatant Padder

Re: Hello all

Postby Troyk » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:24 am

Welcome to the forum Barry! :armsup
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby HGMonaro » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:33 am

welcome Barry! that schedule is what a lot of us dream about!

Chers, Nige
HGMonaro
Blatant Padder

Postby amanda » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:56 pm

Welcome Barry, I hope you enjoy your time here, and I look forward to hearing some of your camping stories.
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby freerocketman1 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:21 pm

welcome to the forum barry :cheers
freerocketman1
Blatant Padder

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:21 am

Hi Baz and WELCOME to the forum. First impression would indicate that you have it all pretty well sorted, with a lifestyle that a lot of people only dream about.

I think I can safely say that I am the resident representative for 'canine' camping and am glad to see another member getting out and about with their canine kids.

Glad to have you on board.

Cheers Gypsy
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Activity_Dept » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:25 pm

Hey Redback,

Finally some southern blood, we are getting a little Queensland centric in here lately. Even the NSW people have been moving up, himm maybe there's a message in that... Anyway nice to hear what we are all missing down there and visi versa of course.

Welcome aboard Barry.

:+
The admin guy.
Discover Camping
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Postby Redback » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:47 am

Thanks for the welcome, we are off to Dingo Dell 16/17 of August with the Land Rover Club and the Jackaroo Club, last time we were there, it was -4 sitting around the fire :beer

Baz.
We swear by the Southern Cross to stand truly by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties.
Peter Lalor
Redback
Blatant Padder

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:18 am

Where is Dingo Dell and tell us about your adventure please Baz...
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Redback » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:34 pm

Dingo Dell is on the intersection of the Kowmung Fire trail and Banshee fire trail in between Jenolan Caves and Oberon, it's part of the 4WD trek Caves to Caves in the Kanangra Boyd National Park and we are helping regenerate the area for a future camping ground for afilliated Clubs to camp at, unfortunately it has been damaged over the years by halfwits driving all over the place and making new tracks, the property owner who was OK with people camping there as long as they looked after it basicly got sick of having to repair it, he approached NPWS and the NSW 4WD Association for help, the Land Rover Club was the first to offer help and so is now the organiser of the working bees, there's even a Motorcycle club helping too.

The area we are fixing is private property and in the future because of the work we are doing here, NPWS are interested in having us design and setup campsites for them that will be camper trailer friendly.

The reason people first started using the private property to camp on was because the NPWS campsite is very small and it's a very popular place because of the Caves to Caves trek, we have fenced off the area that was used and abused so only members of the helping clubs can access this area now.

It's not all work and no play, we have a great time as well, it can be interesting when different clubs sit down around a fire and talk about the day and each other vehicles :roll: :-bang :mrgreen:

here is the area

Baz.
Peter Lalor
Redback
Blatant Padder

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:48 pm

Thanks a heap Baz for sharing this with us and how often is this the same story. How many times do ratbags do all the damage and those of us who behave in a responsible manner have to pay the price for it.

CONGRATULATIONS Baz on a great effort, wish I lived closer.

What a great cause!!!
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to Introductions: