Introduction

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Introduction

Postby Outofhere » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:31 am

G'day,
Just got a new Cub Camper (to replace one we had for 10 years). Would like to make contact with other camping trailer people.
Cheers,
Outofhere
Outofhere

Re: Introduction

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:10 pm

Hi Outofhere and WELCOME to the forum.

You will find lots of advice and chat here on all things camping and the like. You do not say where you are from, perhaps you might like to tell us that.

There have been some SEQ gatherings in the past and no doubt when the weather warms up there will be more.

There are some good park reviews here that you might like to check out and don't be affraid to ask the question, no matter how trivial you think it might be.

One of the best threads IMO is the one on which toaster to buy, have a look at it.

Cheers....
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Activity_Dept » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:55 pm

G-day Out of here,

Gotta love the name. Welcome to the forum yes a bit of a mix of trailer, tent and caravan/campervan people on here.

:hello:
The admin guy.
Discover Camping
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Postby Outofhere » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:09 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your welcome. I hope to see you all on the road or in a park. Which reminds me....what UHF CB channel is most popular with camping folk??

We live in the Sydney northern beaches area and hope to be touring with our Cub a fair bit in the future (starting with a tour of Western Australia in a few weeks time). It would be good to tour with like minded campers.

Cheers,
I am Outofhere
::)
Outofhere

Postby Troyk » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:15 pm

Welcome outofhere! :armsup
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:27 am

Outofhere wrote:
(starting with a tour of Western Australia in a few weeks time). It would be good to tour with like minded campers.

Cheers,
I am Outofhere

Hi Outofhere, I am extremely interested to hear comment on your WA tour as I am sure many other members would be also.

Would appreciate some pics too on your return.

Have a safe one.

Cheers Gypsy
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Outofhere » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:09 pm

Thanks for your good wishes Gypsy. We hope to make it a safe one.

We made a WA trip about 10 years ago, but went Katherine to Perth on the west coast. This time its going to be Perth to Katherine. This time its more about the wild flowers and seeing some parts we missed last time (Cape Laveque and the Bungles are main ones).

Last time we pulled a brand new Cub Kamperoo with a Feroza. This time its a brand new Cub Supamatic and a Frontera. We will be sure to keep a diary and take plenty of pictures. If you are interested in the old rig, there are some pictures on http://cubcamperclub.googlepages.com/home

Cheers,
Out of Here
Outofhere

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:54 pm

I am definitely interested in seeing your diary and pics.

Cheers...
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to Introductions: