mad camping family

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

mad camping family

Postby wragee » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:23 pm

HI All, :hello:
Well stumbled across this site. Looks great. We have been tenting it for years but have just bought a off road camper. We LOVE fishing and camping and always looking for new places to try. We are in the Bundy area so have some great places not far away. Hubby and Son (8) have learnt that when we get back I will be looking at packing and organising the next trip. I think I drive them a bit nuts with it, but once I get them out of bed usually about 5am they have forgiven me by 9am or I just turn up the Stero and keep driving. Never hear of complaints once we are catching some fish and the campfire cooking. Well hope this is enough or I will go on forever. Everyone enjoy your next tripand stay safe.
wragee
Captain Camping

Re: mad camping family

Postby Troyk » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:44 pm

Welcome Wragee! :armsup

You might want to check you spelling on location ;)
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby Ricklanga » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:11 pm

:hello: & welcome to the site.
It always rains on tents. Rainstorms will travel thousands of miles, against prevailing winds for the opportunity to rain on a tent.
Ricklanga
Post Machine!

Postby wragee » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:20 pm

Thank you for the welcomes. Looking forward to getting to know everyone.
Ca't get enough camping.
wragee
Captain Camping

Postby cruiser » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:33 pm

Welcome aboard :cheers
cruiser
Camping Veteran

Postby Teabag » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:50 pm

Welcome.. :hello:

There is nothing wrong with being a mad keen camper. I wish I could go every weekend but life doesn't allow, bugger...... :cheers
2006 GU4 4.2TDi Patrol with 2005 Limited Edition Kimberley Kamper and plenty of goodies.

http://www.4wdmonthly.com.au/shed/index.php?id=1003
Teabag
Captain Camping

Postby Activity_Dept » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:33 am

Gooday Wragee,

Welcome aboard, plenty of mad campers here so you should find your self in good company.

:hello:
The admin guy.
Discover Camping
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:44 pm

wragee wrote:HI All, :hello:
Well stumbled across this site. Looks great. We have been tenting it for years but have just bought a off road camper. Hubby and Son (8) have learnt that when we get back I will be looking at packing and organising the next trip. I think I drive them a bit nuts with it, but once I get them out of bed usually about 5am they have forgiven me by 9am.

Hi wragee and WELCOME to the forum. Boy am I glad to see there is someone else like me who lives in constant 'preparation' mode.

I too like to have an early start with most being no later than 5am especially if there is some distance to travel. I reckon you get a whole extra day for camping that way.

Please tell us about your off road camper, I just love all things camping too.

Cheers Gypsy
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby wragee » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:30 pm

Well where do I start. Its built here in Bundaberg checker plate steel. 7x5 Trailer off road. 3 Rooms the main room off trail is 7ft wide and 12ft long and you can attach a room each side of the main room.Them then being 7ft wide each and 19ft long for each of the sides. Built in kitchen with draws primus 3 burner stove pump tap inside and on the LH side 3 cigarette lights plugs Queens size bed and a newish type of canvas that is checkered and is not surpose to rip. (NOT GAME TO TRY) very easy to put up poles can be a bit of a pain but we have only put up 4 times so still learning. And of course NO INSTRUCTIONS. But I worked it out and hubby puts where I tell him too. LOL :***
Ca't get enough camping.
wragee
Captain Camping

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:59 am

WOW you actually have a husband who does what he is told wragee, I am impressed.....Seriously though, sounds like a huge setup, what brand is it??

Have you had your first camp in it yet??
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby wragee » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:27 pm

Thank you Gypsylady.
Yes is is great having a hubby that does as he told he just said as I read out your reply that he doesn't want to get hurt. and pain is no fun. :***
Seriously the camper has no brand name on it as it is one of the first made this size. They are being made up for DJ's Camping and Fishing store in Bundaberg. They are very helpful when you tell them what you need and want. I will try to get some photos on here going to give it a try today.
Ca't get enough camping.
wragee
Captain Camping

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:38 pm

Looking forward to seeing them wragee.

Cheers Gypsy
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to Introductions: