HELLO INTRODUCING OURSELVES

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

HELLO INTRODUCING OURSELVES

Postby bellajay » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:31 am

:hello:
We would like to introduce ourselves - a couple in our mid 50's and our wee jack russell foxy - Max. We are fairly new to caravaning - we have a Jayco Freedom which we absolutely love and try and get away at least once a month for a long weekend. We are in the early stages of planning a 2 week trip in November, up the eastern seaboard for a spot of fishing, surfing, and relaxing. And one day we will travel right round Australia. Not sure how we will accomplish this, whether we put someone in the house to rent while we travel, or do it in spurts - maybe a working hol, but at this stage a dream. We look forward to meeting others thru the forum and contributing also.
Last edited by bellajay on Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
bellajay
Boy Scout

Re: HELLO INTRODUCTING OURSELVES

Postby amanda » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:40 am

Welcome aboard. What part of the country are you from?
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Re: HELLO INTRODUCTING OURSELVES

Postby bellajay » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:00 am

Hi - thanks for the welcome - we are from the Wollongong area of NSW.
bellajay
Boy Scout

Re: HELLO INTRODUCING OURSELVES

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:20 pm

Hi bellajay and WELCOME to the forum. Sounds like you have a plan allbeit still on the drawing board at this stage.

You will find lots of info here and lots of members willing to share their experiences with you. Additionally we would also like to ehar of your adventures, small and large.

Am glad to have another member who travels and camps with their canine family member. I am probably the resident all things 'pet friendly' member so if i can assist in any way please speak up.

I travel and camp with my girl all the time, although in saying that, my girl has recently become 2 girls as I have inherited another one.

On the retirement front it is my intention to actually sell up when the time comes, can't bear the idea of someone else living in my home so it may as well become their home.

Cheers Gypsy
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Troyk » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:39 pm

Welcome Bellajay! :armsup
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby bellajay » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:24 pm

Hello Gypsy & Troyk!!

We enjoy taking Max with us camping - and he loves going too! He knows when we are getting ready to leave and will follow you from room to room or out to the van - and we have to make sure he is with me as we hitch the van on. His face just lights up as we go through the final "rituals". We haven't tried 'free camping' as yet - probably will do that on a trip north in November. We have found a gem of a Caravan Park - Dunleith Caravan Park at The Entrance North on the Central Coast - they welcome pets outside holiday times - and the location is just spectacular. Its located right on the water at The Entrance and those of us with our vans in this instance, get the best spots. Water frontage. You can literally fish from your van! Its tidal and deep water frontage so if you have a boat it can be moored at your van on the seawall as well. Its spotlessly clean and you have a choice of lake or beach which is about 2 minutes walk from the park. Its very central with lots to do within walking distance. We just love visiting there and should be heading back there in the next couple of weeks.

k and j
Last edited by bellajay on Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
bellajay
Boy Scout

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:30 am

Sounds idyllic, shame it is a bit far for a weekend jaunt for me and I am still a few years from retirement. I think I will put in on my list of ‘must see’ places for when I do retire although I must say I am not much into CPs either (unless they are very special), I prefer the wide open spaces of a campground.

Your comments on Max’s antics are an exact replica of my girl, she too just loves camping. I have this routine where when I get to the campground she is let out of the car for a short walk and the usual constitutional and then put back into the car with a bowl of water until the campsite is set up. Then she comes out of the car and the first thing she does is make a beeline for the camper and all about to check it out and make sure everything is in place.

When it comes time to pack up time she wants to be in the car where she can watch all the proceedings, snooze and not be in the way.

I have done quite a bit of ‘free camping’ close to home and it is just great. Don’t get too much chance to do anything other than weekends and annual leave with working full time and being out of the house 12 hours everyday five days a week.

If you don’t already have a copy of the Camps Aust 4 book then I suggest that you purchase one and get it from NRMA where you will get a discount if you are a member. It is definitely the travellers’ bible.

Cheers Gypsy
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Joy » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:13 pm

:hello:

Wselcome to the forum Bellajay. Nice name by the way.
Joy
Joy
Site Admin

Postby bellajay » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:44 pm

Hello Joy!

Many thanks for the welcome - my mum always used to say "why don't you get a caravan". We lost her just two years ago and I miss her terribly but she would have loved the van - we purchased it with the legacy she left us - she would have been real happy with that. Her name was Isabel - and mine is Janette. Hence Bellajay.
bellajay
Boy Scout

Return to Introductions: