What ever happened to Sunshine Leisure tents?

Questions, comments, discussions and reviews on equipment, outdoor gear etc.

What ever happened to Sunshine Leisure tents?

Postby entilza72 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:05 pm

Just wondering if anyone knows what ever became of the NZ company Sunshine Leisure? They used to make some awsome (but expensive) canvas tents in the 80's, but appear to have died out or changed names.

I can't find any clues on google - only old tents being sold.

Cheers,
Ent.
entilza72

Postby Cruiser02 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:43 pm

Bit of a coincidence. We were discussing those a couple of days ago. You are right, they were a superb quality family tent, well worth the expense. In fact we still have ours. It hasn't been used for a while but he canvas is still good although a little grubby. We estimated that it had been used for a total of approximately 18 months over a period of 20 years. Haven't seen them about anywhere for quite a while.
Cruiser02

Postby entilza72 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:54 pm

Those bright colours and spacious designs!

I read on one page about SL tents being everywhere at camping sites in NZ, which is understandable. I used to love looking through their catalogue: They'd pitch each tent in some utterly exotic location in NZ - total isolation, with amazing scenary.

Either they changed names, or died because they were too expensive. :( I even tried looking up the NZ phone book - no such company.

Still looking for leads.
entilza72

Postby garbage » Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:46 pm

Are they any relation to the NZ company COI Leisure? Just from the similar name, it might be that they were bought out by another mob. COI Leisure has also since been bought out by Primus.

Regards,

garbage
garbage
Camping Veteran

Return to Gear Guide