Wheel Chocks

General Discussion, tips and questions and answer on Camper Trailers. Buy and sell below in Vehicles for Sale.

Wheel Chocks

Postby ben... » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:17 pm

Ive been hunting for some wheels chocks locally, but havnt had alot of luck. Id like some of those rubber ones or something that is similar. Can anyone make any suggestions on a brand they arleady use? Something local in brisbane would be good but Online is ok.

I know i shouldnt assume, but surley people dont just use the CT handbrake on its own do they??
ben...
Post Machine!

Re: Wheel Chocks

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:30 pm

I just bought some for a friend from Camec recently, about $22 from memory. http://www.camec.com.au
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Troyk » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:01 pm

ben... wrote:Ive been hunting for some wheels chocks locally, but havnt had alot of luck. Id like some of those rubber ones or something that is similar. Can anyone make any suggestions on a brand they arleady use? Something local in brisbane would be good but Online is ok.

I know i shouldnt assume, but surley people dont just use the CT handbrake on its own do they??

If its on flat ground just the CT brakes. If it can roll away use chocks.

Ben, did you try supercheap down at Capalaba. Thats where I got mine, in fact I think they came as a freebie.
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby ben... » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:38 pm

Troyk wrote:
ben... wrote:Ive been hunting for some wheels chocks locally, but havnt had alot of luck. Id like some of those rubber ones or something that is similar. Can anyone make any suggestions on a brand they arleady use? Something local in brisbane would be good but Online is ok.

If its on flat ground just the CT brakes. If it can roll away use chocks.

Ben, did you try supercheap down at Capalaba. Thats where I got mine, in fact I think they came as a freebie.

I tried cleveland troy, but they only had small metal ones that i think the wheels that i have would just wheel right over. I'll try capalaba and see if they have bigger ones.
ben...
Post Machine!

Postby ScottyB » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:19 pm

I just use a bit of split firewood or rocks.
ScottyB
Captain Camping

Postby Komodo » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:47 pm

Well its not a CT or van - but for the boat we use a few bits of 125 x 75 x 8 UA about 150 long
Stops the boat rolling in the back yard at inverloch (about a 15degree slope) we use the 75 face against the tyre on the steep slope those on a flatter surface we just use the 125 face.

I'm sure you could ask a steel fabricator to cut you up a couple out of scrap - the ones we use are actually left over cleats from a job about 15 years ago
A place I'd rather be...
Mitchel Road, Bomjinna. Central West Victoria (Jan '08)
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby HGMonaro » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:54 pm

I have 3 (we left one behind at our last camp) 90x90 treated pine blocks (about 250mm long). We use them as wheel chocks and under camper leg supports if the slope is too much for the supports to reach the ground. Must chop another one ready for next adventure!
HGMonaro
Blatant Padder

Return to Camper Trailers