Another "newbie" to Aussie camping

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Another "newbie" to Aussie camping

Postby tomarg » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:55 pm

Hello from t'other side of the Tasman Sea...we "bumped" into this site from a brochure from a QLD camping show earlier in the year. Impressive site. My wife and I are intending to do a fair bit of travelling and "sight seeing" around Aus in the next year or so, starting off on the "soft areas," before hitting the interior and hard core outback stuff. I've done a bit of the latter, and that has sparked the wife's interest. At the present we have a Toyota L/Cruiser (LC100) parked up in Brisbane awaiting our arrival. Initially, we are looking at tent accom (camping grounds and bush camping), then decide on which sort of camper trailer would best suit our plans.

regards,

Tom
tomarg

Re: Another "newbie" to Aussie camping

Postby Redback » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:21 pm

Welcome Tom, get over here quick, the best camping weather is almost over, well unless you love flies ::)

Baz.
01 Discovery TD5 Locked & Lifted & Redback Country Camper Trailer
We swear by the Southern Cross to stand truly by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties.
Peter Lalor
Redback
Blatant Padder

Postby Beagle » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:06 pm

Welcome.
Lots of great info available from this site
Beagle
Captain Camping

Postby tomarg » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:43 pm

Thanks Baz, was introduced to the flies in the Simpson a few years back, and then again on the Bibbulmun Track in WA in 06, so am well acquainted with the delightful things!!!!!! So wonderful, I'm heading back to the Bibb in a couple of weeks to get re-acquainted!!!!!!
tomarg

Postby Joy » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:58 pm

Hi Tomarg,

Hello and welcome to the forum. Sounds like you will have a few stories saved up for us all in no time.

:hello:
Joy
Joy
Site Admin

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:15 pm

Hi tomarg and a big WELCOME to the forum from this side of the Tasman...

You'll find lots of great info and many members here who are happy to share their stories too.

I suggest that you purchase the Camps Aust book as it seems to be the travellers 'bible' with lots of cheap and free camping sites listed. If you are a member purchase it from your local auto club, RACQ, RACV or the like and you will get a discount on the purchase price.

Cheers Gypsy
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to Introductions: