Who am I?

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Who am I?

Postby Gary's Family » Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:26 pm

Hi, My name is Gary, I am married and have a 2.5yr old boy, and my wife is about to have our second child (any day now). I have always loved camping, usually the free bush type camping, but more recently have moved into caravan park camping for the young fella (don't like it as much). But still try to get away for the weekend in the bush when possible. We have bought a old cub drifter, but have not thrown out the tent yet. The camper makes it a bit easier with the family. My boy is now getting to the age where he will be easier to spend a weekend away with him in the bush. I love the campfire and find the camping experience lacking without one.
We live on the Cental Coast and have done a lot of camping up the nth coast of NSW.

Hopefully talk more on this forum,
Gary
Gary's Family
Camping King

Postby Kramer » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:46 am

Welcome to the: Image
All Your Beers Are Belong To Us!
http://www.Tour-Oz.net
Kramer
Tree-climbing Mountain Goat

Postby Scolers » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:53 am

What he said ^^^ ... :armsup

Also, I'd be reluctant to throw the tent out. We ahve a camper trailer which is great for two nights or more but if I just do an overnighter we throw the tent in and leave the CT at home. Just a thought ... 8)

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:29 pm

Welcome

And like scol said, don't throw the tent out 8)

Oneday soon he'll get old enough and you'll have to take him real camping :armsup
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby sharkboy » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:44 am

Hi Gary we live on the Central coast also...a beach suburb in the Wyong shire, are you near us?
sharkboy

Postby Gary's Family » Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:24 pm

We are over at Pt Clare. My parents in law live at Noraville.

Gary
Gary's Family
Camping King

Hello fellow Central Coast People

Postby Nenie23 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:09 pm

Hey Gary and Shark Boy,
We too, are from the Central Coast and enjoy camping. Where do you both go camping. Would love to find out some different camping spots.

Gary, keep camping - your kids will love it. Our first camping trip was with our daughter at 6 months old, and we haven't stopped since. Our last big trip was 11,000kms through the centre of Australia.

Chat soon, keep well and happy camping.
Nenie23
Captain Camping

Postby Gary's Family » Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:03 pm

We always enjoy a trip to the Watagans. It's close to home, you can have a fire and take the dog. My dad and Isaac (2.5y.o) and I went up to the Barrington Tops and camped at Polblue camping ground last weekend. I really like it up there, it is the second time I have been there. It was freezing cold though. I was told there was still snow on the ground up there 3 weeks ago. It was Isaacs first time in the tent and he slept great. Woke up a bit early for my liking in that cold.
We don't mind the Myall River camp up near Hawkes nest either. On the river, the beach is across road and you can still take the 4wd on part of the beach, not free, but pretty cheap.

Chat again soon,
Gary
Gary's Family
Camping King

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:01 am

I'm going to Mt Wattagan this longweekend :armsup ... just thought i'd mention it since you did :mrgreen: . Do you go there for the 4x4ing or just to relax with the family?
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby Gary's Family » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:12 am

Hi,
A bit of both. Mostly camping though. I'm not in extreme 4wding, just like to be able to get away into the bush or on the beach. We have a mitsubish Challenger at the moment. Have fun this weekend, hopefully it won't be too hot like last weekend. Do you have a favourite spot up there?
I will be at home watching the footy all weekend.

Gary
Gary's Family
Camping King

Postby Kramer » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:26 am

Gary's Family wrote:I will be at home watching the footy all weekend.

Gary

GO THE BRONCOS :armsup
All Your Beers Are Belong To Us!
http://www.Tour-Oz.net
Kramer
Tree-climbing Mountain Goat

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:48 pm

Gary's Family wrote:Hi,
A bit of both. Mostly camping though. I'm not in extreme 4wding, just like to be able to get away into the bush or on the beach. We have a mitsubish Challenger at the moment. Have fun this weekend, hopefully it won't be too hot like last weekend. Do you have a favourite spot up there?
I will be at home watching the footy all weekend.

Gary

I do have a fav spot but this time we'll be camping at the pines I think, as the other spot is great, but really only suits 3, 4 cars max, on top of a hill surrounded by trees off the beaten track :mrgreen: . This time we have 5 cars and about 11 :shock: people so need more space.

Kramer wrote:
GO THE BRONCOS :armsup

X2 we plan on heading into morriset to watch the game at the local... same as last year :armsup

and BTW I in NO way endorse the Bronco's, except for the fact i'd rather see canetoads holding the trophy than victorians :mrgreen: ...its the lesser of 2 evils :lol:
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby Scolers » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:42 pm

Ozzycamperboy wrote: I in NO way endorse the Bronco's, except for the fact i'd rather see canetoads holding the trophy than victorians :mrgreen: ...its the lesser of 2 evils :lol:

Ditto!

What happened to Parra?

:-bang

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Return to Introductions: