Just me 'n 'the boy

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Just me 'n 'the boy

Postby Jewels2911 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:48 pm

Hi Everyone,
I am a single mum and I love taking my boy 10 camping. It gives us a chance to relax and enjoy time together and he gets to do boy stuff. Are there any other single mums who like camping but have no one to go with or don't feel confident enough to go it alone? Maybe we can hook up.We are very capable campers and have been doing it for years. We enjoy bush as well as park camping, but prefer bush where we can have a fire and get get a little rough n dirty.We live on the Darling Downs.
Cheers
Jewels2911

Re: Just me 'n 'the boy

Postby Troyk » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:40 pm

Welcome Jewels :armsup
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby Joy » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:00 pm

Hello Jewels,

Welcome to the forum. The last outting we went to there was a few single Moms, they don't seem to be too chatty at the moment but I'm sure they will pop up as the weather warms.

:hello:
Joy
Joy
Site Admin

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:36 pm

Jewels2911 wrote:Hi Everyone,
I am a single mum and I love taking my boy 10 camping. It gives us a chance to relax and enjoy time together and he gets to do boy stuff. Are there any other single mums who like camping but have no one to go with or don't feel confident enough to go it alone? Maybe we can hook up.We are very capable campers and have been doing it for years. We enjoy bush as well as park camping, but prefer bush where we can have a fire and get get a little rough n dirty.We live on the Darling Downs.
Cheers

HI Jewels and WELCOME to the forum. There are a number of single parent members who get out and about camping with their youngens so you won't be alone here.

Living on the DD might make it a bit of a journey for you to attend any gatherings that are organized from time to time but I am sure you'll be able to sort something out. School holidays are just around the corner.

Lots of great info to be found here so when you have some time go back through the older posts and have a little ‘look see’.

I am with you in that I also prefer bush camping and have just camped 2 weekends in a row. Think it might be time to get down to a bit of serious work for a while now.

Cheers Gypsy
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Jewels2911 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:48 pm

Thanks for being so welcoming everyone. I really hope to meet up with you guys on a weekend camping trip sometime. Which part of this forum do I need to keep watch on so I know when there are planned trips?
Jewels2911

Postby freerocketman1 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:10 pm

viewforum.php?f=33

jewels keep an eye on this as its where we all put up & comeing trips.

by the way welcome to the forum :grin:
freerocketman1
Blatant Padder

Postby Frilly » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:04 pm

Hey Jewels!

Welcome to the forum... I am a single parent too of two children (although one is and adult now and the other is 16 and rarely comes away with me because of school and work commitments). I most often camp alone and find that wonderful... no one else to worry about, can do as I please and less gear to carry. Hopefully I will get to meet you at a weekend camp sometime soon!!
The story of my life is about back entrances, side doors, secret elevators and other ways of getting in and out of places so that people won't bother me.
Frilly
Camping Veteran

Return to Introductions: