1st timer here

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

1st timer here

Postby madcamper » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:29 pm

Hi everyone, Hubby and I have just brought our 1st camper trailer and are so exicted about the next couple of months. We just love all the imforation on this site, so so helpful. Spend hours reading all the info and everyone's opinions, its been great... So we have joined up and hopefully will have to the opportunity to meet all you guys. We already have lots of camping gear, but now that were are more serious, we are trying to make our own cheap camping shower...... Any suggestions would be appreciated.... Once again, nice to meet you all... Jackie and Steve
madcamper
Camping King

Re: 1st timer here

Postby Troyk » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:56 pm

Welcome aboard Jackie and Steve! :mrgreen:
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:04 pm

Hi Jackie and Steve and WELCOME to the forum. CONGRATULATIONS on the arrival of the new CT. What type of CT did you buy and why that choice??

For a cheapier shower I would suggest one of the little 12 volt numbers, one where you put the pump in the bucket of water and attach to aux or car battery.

As far as making your own I cannot make any suggestions. There are any number of members who I am sure can assist with ideas on how to achieve this.

Cheers
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby madcamper » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:53 am

Hi Gypsy.... Its not a brand name one as such, we came arcross a guy on the internet who is down in yamba (NSW) and they were just as good as the 'brand' ones and 1/2 the price. Its a 12ft one. We are really happy with it. Took it to Canungra for a trial run (putting it up and down) and we seemed to handle fine for our 1st time (but i hope no-one was looking ) Jackie
madcamper
Camping King

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:14 am

Hi Jackie...I am sure any onlookers would have a great deal of empathy for you for you and I am just as sure they would have enjoyed the entertainment too.

I love watching people set up and pack up, be it their first time or their 201st time.

Lucky you getting a new CT at such great value. Maybe you might like to post the contact details here for others to take advantage of a great offer as well.

Cheers Gypsy...
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby amanda » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:29 am

I'd love the details of your new CT, as I'm in the market for one myself.
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby madcamper » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:20 pm

Hi Amanda, If you want to check this site out tdstrailersales.web.com We looked around for months and also checked out the caravan and camping show in brissy... thank goodness we didnt buy at the show, as we got a 12ft for half the price of a 9ft. If you have any questions about it, or want to come over for a look (if your in brissy) you are most welcome........ Jackie
madcamper
Camping King

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:29 pm

Hi Jackie

I tried that web address and got a message saying it does not exist. Any ideas on why??

Cheers.....
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby madcamper » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:35 pm

Hi Amanda, ill go and check it out ....... if not there, I could hunt down his phone number if you like. Jackie
madcamper
Camping King

Postby madcamper » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:35 pm

Hi Amanda, ill go and check it out ....... if not there, I could hunt down his phone number if you like. Jackie
madcamper
Camping King

Postby madcamper » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:40 pm

Hi Amanda..... I just checked out the site and its still there.... not sure why you cant get on the site... maybe just trying as i got on straight away.... Just incase i spelt something wrong, here it is again tdstrailersales.web.com let me know what happens Jackie
madcamper
Camping King

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:44 pm

It is tdstrailersales.webs.com...you left the 's' off the web in your other post Jackie.

Cheers Gypsy.....
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby madcamper » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:50 pm

So I did....... sorry about that guys Jackie
madcamper
Camping King

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:56 pm

Not a problem Jackie, I did a search and came up with it.

I think there could be any number of people who might be interested in this camper especially if it is as reasonably priced as you say.

They don't seem to have any prices listed, can you give us a ball park figure Jackie??

Cheers....
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby madcamper » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:09 pm

Hi Gypsy......we did months of pricing and checking every CT place in brisbane, also went to the caravan/camping show and these CT seem to be the same quality... We got the off-road, heavy duty, 12ft one and he also knocked off $250 because we didnt want NSW rego.... The annex in the photo's on the site, is also included in the price ($4,250) When we organized the rego ourselves, it was only $80, so that even made us happier. The bed is also larger than a Q size, as the sheets we took did not fit!! So all over, we are very happy with the whole deal. Chris is really easy to work with too, as we had to built a little carport 1st before we went down to pick it up. Hope this helps Jackie
madcamper
Camping King

Next

Return to Introductions: