Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Postby PiscesLady » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:34 pm

Hi all,

I'm new too! I used to camp in a 3 room cabin style tent with the works (huge tarp over it with many poles) but since I have become a single woman for the first time in a looooooonnng time I found it difficult to pack, set up, pull down and put away everything.

Just recently I decided to buy an onsite van so that I could have somewhere near the coast to take my grandchildren, and to get used to living in a small place when retirement eventually happens. I'm hoping by then I will be able to buy a campervan/motorhome and take off to see the rest of this great place we live in.

I'm hoping that through the forums I might be able to get some advice about renovating my little "home away from home". :?: :idea: :roll:

Di
PiscesLady
Boy Scout

Re: New Member

Postby Troyk » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:31 pm

Welcome to the forum Di! :armsup
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby Activity_Dept » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:19 pm

Hi Di and welcome.

I'm sure there are a few chippy blokes on board that can help you with your reno. Just ask away and you shall receive certainly advise and maybe even a helping hand...

:hello:
The admin guy.
Discover Camping
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Postby amanda » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:38 am

Welcome Di - whereabouts is your home away from home?
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:42 am

Hi Di and WELCOME to the forum. I can completely understand where you are coming from re setting up and packing up on your own as I have done this many times.

How old are the granchildren?? They are almost never too young to start helping with the small camping chores and often love being a part of the set up and even packing the car ready for the trip.

I believe it also gives them a great introduction into the wonderful world of camping and the great outdoors and this fantastic country in which we live.

Cheers Gypsy....
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby PiscesLady » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:56 pm

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

Gypsy - my grandchildren are 3 1/2 and 10 months old. I've taken my granddaughter (3 1/2) down to see the van and she is very excited. There is lots to do at South Durrass, with nice beaches, great bushwalks and plenty of wildlife.

I live in Canberra, and the van is only 2 hours drive away. I agree camping is agreat outdoor healthy activity and they are never too young to start, but I just don't have the energy for all that setting up with either one very active little girl or both granndchildren. I'll leave that to their parents. My kids all loved camping but are so busy these days they never seem to have time to relax - hopefully my "little home away from away" will reignite something in them.

Di :grin:
PiscesLady
Boy Scout

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:47 pm

Well Di they are both pretty yooung that is for sure and I do like your plan, I hope it works for you and the children.

Sometimes we do just have to bite the bullet and make time and I think that is a problem with the younger generation, they just seem to be too busy all the time.

Some of the girls I work with have often asked me to organise a girls only camp and every time I try to do so I get road blocks all over the place. To the point where now I have just given up and go and do my own thing.

Di, I wish you all the best in your little venture, please keep us informed as to how the plans are progressing.

Cheers Gypsy...
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to Introductions: