G'day

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

G'day

Postby bushcamper » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:33 am

G'day everyone, my name's Keith, I'm self employed and build, repair and restore furniture. Moved to Gladstone Qld in 79 from Sydney after some travelling for a few years with my wife Sandra, raised three fantastic daughters (all doing well and moved out for the moment :~))

Been checking in here for a while, great site, have picked up some useful tips and info and help out if I can. Don't have much to say usually (not the worlds fastest on the keyboard), I guess a cure for that might be to post more just for the typing practise.

Have always loved camping, fishing, bow hunting, photography and 4wding and now it's back to the two of us we're looking forward to getting out there more often.

Our current vehicle is a GQ 4.2td patrol which I think is our seventh 4x4.We like a bit of comfort these days and prefer bush camping as the name implies. We tow a camper trailer when we can and use a touring tent when we can't, either way we're usually self sufficient

Looking forward to getting more involved

Cheers,

Keith

PS
Can someone tell me how you can get an avatar file size to less than 0 KB?
test
bushcamper
Camping King

Postby Scolers » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:30 am

Welcome Keith,

Good to know someone is reading our ranting and raving.

In regard to the AV's you'll need to find a host site such as photobucket.

Cheers ...

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Kramer » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:17 am

Woohoo someone else from Gladstone :armsup Welcome to
All Your Beers Are Belong To Us!
http://www.Tour-Oz.net
Kramer
Tree-climbing Mountain Goat

Postby bushcamper » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:37 am

Thanks for the welcome.

Scol, if you click Profile at the top of the page and then go down to where you add an AV it says this:

"Displays a small graphic image below your details in posts. Only one image can be displayed at a time, its width can be no greater than 80 pixels, the height no greater than 80 pixels, and the file size no more than 0 KB"

I've been using Photobucket for a few years and added AVs in other forums but if I take the file size down to 1 or 2 KB the picture is pretty ugly (and it won't except a file of 1.5KB)

:?

Kramer, might see you round the tracks someday.

Keith
bushcamper
Camping King

Postby Kramer » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:55 am

You probably will bushcamper! Also here is a link to a guide I just made for your avatar: viewtopic.php?t=524
Kramer

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:21 pm

Welcome :armsup

And there isn't a actuall limit on size i think, for sum reason it comes up sayin 0kb though :shock: . Just make one 80x80 and it should be sweet.

Here's one to test if you want - Image
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y285/R ... avatar.jpg
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby Scolers » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:52 pm

bushcamper wrote:Thanks for the welcome.

Scol, if you click Profile at the top of the page and then go down to where you add an AV it says this:

"Displays a small graphic image below your details in posts. Only one image can be displayed at a time, its width can be no greater than 80 pixels, the height no greater than 80 pixels, and the file size no more than 0 KB"

I've been using Photobucket for a few years and added AVs in other forums but if I take the file size down to 1 or 2 KB the picture is pretty ugly (and it won't except a file of 1.5KB)

:?

Keith

I becmae confused when I first read it to so you're in good company. Kramer's thread has some good info but if you're a photobucket user you should be ok.

My AV is about 25kb's and is hosted on Photobucket.

Cheers ...

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby bushcamper » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:59 pm

Thanks guys, I was trying to upload the URL which wouldn't work, linking to an ofsite URL did the trick.

Now I'll have to find a more interesting AV

Keith :armsup
bushcamper
Camping King

Postby Scolers » Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:54 pm

I like the canoe ... I just sold my canadian canoe as noone else wnated to go out in it. But I managed to make a profit so I'm happy.

Cheers!

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby bushcamper » Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:44 pm

Yes, I know what you mean, never seem to find enough time for the things that matter.

When ever I start thinking about selling the canoe I flick through some of the photos of fun times we've had with it, so far been able to resist the temptation.

This was the best trip so far. Two weeks on the Mitchel River Nth Qld. No radio, TV or contact with anyone except the six of us for 12days.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v623/ ... oe%20Trip/
bushcamper
Camping King

Postby Kramer » Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:51 am

Wow the Mitchel :grin: I would have had a couple of guns in my canoe! Crocs are a little too close when you are in a canoe ::() Its not even made from aluminium!
Kramer

Postby Scolers » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:09 pm

bushcamper wrote:Yes, I know what you mean, never seem to find enough time for the things that matter.

When ever I start thinking about selling the canoe I flick through some of the photos of fun times we've had with it, so far been able to resist the temptation.

This was the best trip so far. Two weeks on the Mitchel River Nth Qld. No radio, TV or contact with anyone except the six of us for 12days.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v623/ ... oe%20Trip/

The only reason I sold it was becuase I had a good fofer for it. I semi regret it but if noone wants to go out then it's just sitting gathering dust which I reckon is sad for such a good canoe. I still have my kayak tho'! Spent many weeks in the upper reaches of the Nepean, Colo and ... other rivers I cant remember ... :?#

Cheers ...

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:56 am

Good news
Site Admin

Return to Introductions: