CRIKEY! It's Steve Irwin Day At Australia Zoo

Community groups, clubs etc. tell us about yourselves, who can join, activities, post notices and events.

Moderator: amanda

CRIKEY! It's Steve Irwin Day At Australia Zoo

Postby Derek Bullock » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:52 pm

CRIKEY!

CRIKEY! It is a word made famous by one man, the Crocodile Hunter, Steve Irwin.

A man who lived in his khakis and spent most of his time darting the bite of a venomous snake, wrestling a nine foot croc or anything else that was, well, simply out of the ordinary.

He had an infectious personality that was saturated with enthusiasm, a love for life and wildlife alike.

Steve Irwin Day on 15 November is an international and annual event to celebrate the extraordinary life of the one and only Crocodile Hunter, Steve Irwin.

The day will represent the many things Steve was passionate about: FAMILY, WILDLIFE CONSERVATION and FUN.

Steve Irwin Day is also a day where people around the world join together to raise money for Australia Zoo Wildlife Warriors to help continue Steve's conservation work and the preservation of wildlife and wild places.

http://www.steveirwinday.org/

You may not be aware but Steve enjoyed camp oven cook and at the Steve Irwin Day many of the days activities will be reminisce of the things Steve liked to do.

I have been asked to conduct Camp Oven Cooking Demonstrations for this event and am really looking forward to it.

Mark the 15 November now in your diary and plan to be with us all at Australia Zoo for a great day of fun and entertainment.

Cheers

Derek
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Re: CRIKEY! It's Steve Irwin Day At Australia Zoo

Postby Poodle Jewel » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:59 pm

Only problem with these special event days the zoo does, is every man and his dog goes.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Derek Bullock » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:01 pm

Poodle Jewel wrote:Only problem with these special event days the zoo does, is every man and his dog goes.

All the more to watch meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. :***
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:13 pm

Glad to see you back Derek...Are you off to Milmerran next weekend for the Camp Oven Festival??
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Derek Bullock » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:17 pm

gypsylady wrote:Glad to see you back Derek...Are you off to Milmerran next weekend for the Camp Oven Festival??

Yes I am but not camping there.

Millmerran is for the traditional camp fire cookers and the organisers, from what I have found out, are not interested in my way of cooking with Heat Beads. But I will have to work on that

Disappointing really because the days of chopping up trees for camp fires is no longer the right thing to do, even though I must admit I do enjoy a night around a fire with a port, or two, or three .......... damn. where's that oak barrel. :***

So will stay in a Motel at Toowoomba on Saturday night.
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:19 pm

I had originally planned on going this time but as it turns out I won't be able to make it. I am sure it will go well for your Derek.

Cheers...
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to Groups & Activities