QLD- ISland Reach

Re: QLD- ISland Reach

Postby Poodle Jewel » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:15 pm

I camped there only two weeks ago,would go back anytime,because i was on my own they only charged me $5 a night,i was surprised at the night traffic noise ,though the days were peaceful.I took 3 dogs and it wasn`t a worry.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:22 am

That is normal PJ, they have a per person scale of fees which does increase slightly in the peak season from Xmas to New Year.

Their powered sites though limited are a bit more expensive, think they actually double in price.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Re: QLD- ISland Reach - OUR WEEKEND AWAY

Postby ben... » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:02 am

Hi everyone, we stayed this weekend just passed at the loverly Island reach. Lots of people there for school holidays all enjoying the great weather, and coolish nights they have been having up there. We camped up the top just near the main house (as this was really the only place left) which suited us fine. Got down a little cool in the evening and early morning, but that made way for what became a nice warm day. Walked down to the little markets they have in the town, and to watch the Train come in at 12noon. Showers were nice a clean along with the toilets, which is saying something as the owners said they had over 60 people there when we arrived - still plenty of room left with that many people.

Can't wait to go back, counting the days begins.

EDIT: Just wanted to add that we camped with out 18month old son, and the position we camped, up near the house, was the perfect distance away from the river, and we didnt have to worry about him running away and getting in to danger too quickly. I would be concerned if you camped closer to the river with the same or younger child, but i was more than happy to let him run around (withing eye sight) and know he wasnt in any direct danger.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ben... on Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
ben...
Post Machine!

Postby AussieSunset » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:51 pm

I'm glad you gave an update on this place as we are wanting to go this season sometime. We have to wait till my daughters baby arrives first then it will be too hot to go for the baby so i think it will be after the new year before we get to go anywhere this year but Island Reach is the first place on our list.

Thank you Ben.

Does anyone have a site plan of Island Reach? Coz i want to know where the power sites are.
Life is what happens when you've made other plans. :)
AussieSunset
Blatant Padder

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:25 am

There are only a few powered sites AS nothing formal and they mostly up near to the house.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby AussieSunset » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:17 am

Thanks GL. As long as it's further away from the water due to an adventurous 3 yr old grandson :*** We're still working on getting fridge for camping but till then it may be powered sites for a little while. Plus with little bubs (due in the first week of november) it could make things a little less of a worry.
AussieSunset
Blatant Padder

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:21 am

It is AS and also nearer the amenities block too. You could also go down near what they call the camp kitchen though it is a very basic one with BBQs and tables only from memory.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby ben... » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:21 am

As GL said, there are some up near the house, and a few more down near the Camp Kitchen. It seems if its busy, you need to stay near the power outlets, however they said if its quiet you can pretty much stay whereever you want as long as your lead can reach. Its first in best dressed for spots, so if you want the "perfect spot" get there early.... having said that i think the whole place is pretty perfect where ever you camp.
ben...
Post Machine!

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:31 am

ben... wrote:
Its first in best dressed for spots, so if you want the "perfect spot" get there early.... having said that i think the whole place is pretty perfect where ever you camp.

I'd have to agree with that comment Ben....
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby AussieSunset » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:30 pm

Thanks Ben and GL. I can't wait to go but i have to wait till the family is ready to go and it's not too hot for bubs.
AussieSunset
Blatant Padder

Postby AliKat » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:37 pm

The photos that I have seen for Island Reach look fantastic!! I am just wondering if there is an off lead area at all for the puppies to have a big run???
AliKat
Boy Scout

Postby ben... » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:49 pm

there isnt really a fenced off area to let them off to have a big run, but you might find a little park if you take a walk to let them off and have a run around.
ben...
Post Machine!

Postby Poodle Jewel » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:53 pm

I camped there not long ago with 3 small dogs, it was quiet, up the top left as you are heading towards the bridge there was no one so i let them off there,also across the road is a park area which if no one was about i left them off. There were two other camps near me with dogs and we all agreed to let them off together for a bit while we were watching them.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby QueenslandPommie » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:48 am

I camped at Island Reach this weekend just gone with 2 of my teenage kids - My first ever camping trip and took our Labrador with us.
I took some photos which I posted on the internet for my wife to see as she is in England at the moment. You can view them here....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/neilpierce/sets/72157609330662707/

Our dog loved swimming in the creek and you can let you dog run around down by the creek so long as you closely supervise them.
QueenslandPommie

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:09 pm

They used to have a dedicated area for the dogs to swim, not sure if that is still the case though.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Queensland