QLD - Spring Gully Stays

Postby Mullie Grub Clan » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:40 am

Wow is it Feb yet. I cant wait to go and check this place out. Looks beautiful. Thanks ever so much for the fantastic report.
Cheers,
Chick
It's all about Beer, Hubbie, Fishing, Camping, Kids & Boating.. Oh and Me
Mullie Grub Clan
Camping Veteran

Re: QLD - Spring Gully Stays

Postby elpaulos » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:00 pm

The kids and I stayed at SGS about a year ago, Had the place to ourselves. Just as we were packing up a horde of tourist surrounded us heading to the creek. After having nothing but peace and quiet for 48 hrs, this was like walking straight into the city :-). Great place and will definately be returning.
91 Landcruiser.
elpaulos
Camping Veteran

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:45 am

I was there a couple of weeks ago, camped on the 'other' side of the creek in the Bush camping area.

It was just delightful and I have some pics of the bush camping area.

Cheers.....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Wrecksie » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:25 pm

hey folks

been awhile since I have been on this site but just wondering if anyone has stayed at Spring Gully Stays at Easter and what it was like then. Do they pack 'em in?
I went for a drive this morning to have a look but the office was closed and no around to ask any info. Is it a first in best dressed for peak times or do they allocate sites at all.
Doesn't look too bad a place and the reports sound positive in the posts I've read.
Just looking for a place for our Easter camping crew to go (3-4 families). Going to check out Murphys Creek and Yarramalong also in the next few weeks.

stopped in at Canungra and a had a pie at The Outpost while I was in the neighbourhood - seriously good pies there even for the price they were well worth it. will be going back there again for sure.
anyway thanks all
Wrecksie
Wrecksie
Captain Camping

Postby xmasbaby67 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:04 pm

Nice to see you back here Wrecksie as it's been very quiet here of late.....

Boy you are very organised thinking of Easter next year.... :+

Sorry I can't help you but just replied to say hello. I'm sure Gypsy, PJ, Rosco or Lockyer will be able to help you out.
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Poodle Jewel » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:48 pm

Funny you should ask, maybe ring them.. I too had been looking at going here but website said it was $22 a night unpowered??? but talking to some people on the weekend that said there are two sections,the "elite" and the cheap??. Would like to hear what you find out.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Lockyer » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:03 am

Hi Wrecksie

Sorry mate I nver been to that campground...yet, look forward to hearing what you find out.

Cheers
Lawrence
You don't have to live forever.....you just have to live.
Lockyer
Camping Veteran

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:47 am

Not sure where my post on this went....obviously not up here.

There is Bush Camping on the 'other' side of the creek which is the pics I posted earlier. Last time I was there it cost $20 per vehicle. There are portable toilets, no showers and it is pretty much first in first choice unless a club or group have booked a specific area.

Campfires as allowed, BYO firewood.

On the serviced (amenities etc) side of the creek....there was very limited powered sites and I do not know the cost. Think the same applies re where you can camp. There are no structured sites (except for power).

Best thing to do is ring Paul for any specific information and updated costs that you require.

Easter period will definitely be a busy time there....it is a very popular venue and there are also cabins.

Welcome back Wrecksie.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Wrecksie » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:07 pm

thanks all... spoke to Spring Gully Stays and its all booked out for Easter on the side with the amenties. some left on Bush side so looks like that will be no go for us

I have just spoke to Murphys Creek and they are 70% booked out for Easter already (this is why I am planning for Easter now as it won't be long before everything is booked out especially when you are trying to book for 3 -4 families . I'll go for a drive tomorrow and check the place out - sounds good though and all the reports have been pretty positive

will let you know how we go

also have been catching up on the news about this forum and I certainly hope it continues. It has been such a great source of information for me for many years - I would hate to see it go.

catch you all later

Wrecksie
Wrecksie
Captain Camping

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:04 am

Wrecksie....have a look here too, it may be worth considering. I have not been but I know of people who have and they all love it. It is quite a large property so you probably would not have any probs getting a booking.

http://www.bestbrook.com.au/
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Wrecksie » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:26 pm

well we went and checked out Murphys Creek a couple of weekends ago now and it looks fantastic so we have booked one of the Hub sites for our group for Easter. Really nice people running the place and hard to believe what happened through there with the floods last year.
Not a whole lot of water running through the creek at the moment though and they tell us they are expecting a hot dry summer so there may not be much going by Easter which is really early next year (Good Friday 28 March). Hoping that it will be warm days though then so we can cool off down at their beach in the creek with a coldie !.

Also they also told us their new luxury onsite "glamping tents" should be up and running overlooking the canyon by January which should be good for those not quite into proper camping.

anyway looking forward to that next year.

On our way home we stopped at the local pub at Withcott for lunch and had the Sunday special -$6 rump steak and chips -- very nice and worth the stopover if you're in that neck of the woods

Wrecksie
Wrecksie
Captain Camping

Previous

Return to Queensland