Wragee clan back from Stanage Bay

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Wragee clan back from Stanage Bay

Postby wragee » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:15 pm

Hi ALL,
Well we finally made it home. a day late. We had a great break with 1 problem after another. But we made it through. Weather was a bit windy but nice to keep the sandflies a bit at bay. Except of cousre first thing in the morning. It was a great break had some great campfire meals which I think is the best about camping. CT went great but was very hot during the day. Met some really great campers up there and I think we have made some good friends. Learned lots from other campers and saw some really funny sites and had a great laugh watching 2 guys try to put up a tent. In the end I had to help. Didn't do much cause they were gone 3 hrs later. Didn't like the sandflies and fishing wasn't as seen on DVD. LOL
I will post some photos later when I finish washing all the clothes that got soaked on the way home.
But Was GREAT TRIP.
Ca't get enough camping.
wragee
Captain Camping

Re: Wragee clan back from Stanage Bay

Postby HGMonaro » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:37 am

"and fishing wasn't as seen on DVD"

haha! they worked that out after failing to put up their tent, all in 3hrs... don't think camping is suited for them!

Good to hear you had fun!
HGMonaro
Blatant Padder

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:33 pm

Good to hear it was GREAT trip wragee and looking forward to the pics.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby spencerj » Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:49 pm

Hi Wragee
What would be your comment about going to Stanage Bay at Xmas with a 19' caravan (fully self-sufficient) and a dog? Sounds like our sort of place.
Spencerj
spencerj

Postby wragee » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:58 pm

It is a great place to get away. I have seen bigger caravans up there but just remember the Road (Track) can get a bit rough with pot holes and corrigation so allow plenty of time. I hit trip meter when I turn off HWY then it is 96 klm to camp area. Helps to think ARE WE THERE YET. Dogs are okay up there most keep on leads. Fishing is good. We hope to be up there at xmas as well but awaiting family news before decision made. Will post on here if we going or not. Plenty of area for caravans. Hope this helps.
Carol
Ca't get enough camping.
wragee
Captain Camping

Return to Camping Tips and Locations