hiking/trekking

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

hiking/trekking

Postby ozzycamperboydude » Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:37 pm

I've been trying to find places where you can go trekking for a couple of days, preferably somewhere tropical like Mt Warning, or even further north, but i cant seem to find much info. I would love to hear from anyone who has done hiking/trekking like this, and i dont mean like day walks, i mean atleast one night out in the open, TOTALLY away from civilisation :D , and get any information on tracks that you've done, or have heard about. Pls email me @ nathan133@dodo.com.au or if u got messenger, i'm H8fords@hotmail.com, or yahoo ID is "bringbackthebifff".
ps, dont email my yahoo or msn account, i dont use those emails :D[/code]
ozzycamperboydude
Site Admin

Postby RXhiker » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:19 am

Hiking is the best :D , no cars to wory about, much more full on form of camping. I have done a fair bit off it,but its few and far between these days, maybe 3 times a year? Any way, you will need only the basics, and as light as posible. like very small cookers and grilles, a belt with water bottles, a head lamp for light, and a very small tent or hamock.

Heres some pics of what i take on my back!

I dont get to do enough camping!!
RXhiker

Return to Camping Tips and Locations