Show us your campertrailer/van

General Discussion, tips and questions and answer on Camper Trailers. Buy and sell below in Vehicles for Sale.

Show us your campertrailer/van

Postby Redback » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:02 pm

OK, what do you have, what mods have you added too it.

I find this a good idea for gaining info and ideas for improving my own campertrailer, over the years this is how i have added stuff too my camper, looking at what people have bought or made themselves and added too their camper.

Mine is a Redback Country Explorer heavy duty offroad, trailer made by Clarkes Country Campers and canvas by Redback Campers.

Canvas is 13.5oz heavy duty walls and 15oz ripstop canvas for the roof, size is 16 X 9 with 2 doors with flyscreens, 4 windows and storm flaps (sides only), 8 X 16 fully enclosed annex, with door and flyscreen and 4 windows with storm flaps (sides only), heavy duty PVC floor velcroed in.

Trailer is 9 X 4 full hot dipped gal with a 1.8m x 100mm x 50mm drawbar, 75 x 50 RHS Chassis, walkin section with stairs, 9 leaf Heavy Duty Rebound Springs, 4 jerrycan holders, 2 9kg and 1 4.5kg gas bottle holders, 60l water tank and hand pump, sparewheel and 700mm high sides, tregg offroad hitch, override drum brakes, stone guard, swingaway jockey wheel.

We have added;
Gas hotwater system
Battery box (alloy)
battery and solar panel
12/240 electrics
3 way fridge
Kitchen and sink
Shurflo pump
Twin water filters
Gas outlets for heater
full fly screen front for annex
Annex extension

Looking forward too seeing others and hopefully get some more ideas.

Baz.
01 Discovery TD5 Locked & Lifted & Redback Country Camper Trailer
We swear by the Southern Cross to stand truly by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties.
Peter Lalor
Redback
Blatant Padder

Re: Show us your campertrailer/van

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:58 pm

Extended annex is always good.

I had one on my soft floor CT and now have one on my hard floor CT as well. It zips directly to the original annex awning (8 x 24) and gives me an additional 12 x 24 ft.

I also have a separate flyscreen annex with storm covers that zip directly over the top when needed. The storm covers can be used for either shade or inclement weather in conjunction with the fly screen.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Redback » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:47 am

Yes they are a great idea, what you have done sounds good, got any pics :grin: we got the idea of the extended annex from a friend on another forum who did it too his camper, next is the tropical roof, i got this idea from Teabag and Davo69, (who have 2 very excellent setups) when they posted their campers in another thread, so i asked around and everyone seems too agree that they do work.

After the tropical roof, we are going to make walls for the extended annex, probably with a flyscreen front and storm flaps for the side windows.

Baz
We swear by the Southern Cross to stand truly by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties.
Peter Lalor
Redback
Blatant Padder

Postby Beagle » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:00 am

A Tropical roof is great. It provides that layer of insulation from the sun and allows air to circulate plus prevents it from being so light in the morning. We are not early risers.
Beagle
Captain Camping

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:30 am

I don't have a tropical roof but I do use a large tarp which is probably better because:

1. It is reflective
2. It covers the whole camper

I did have flyscreen walls for the extended annex on my old camper but so far not on the new one.

The attached is a pic of the old camper.

Cheers.....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Redback » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:56 am

Beauty, thanks, i'll show this to Kerry, the solar lights are good eh, we have them too for late night walks :grin:

Baz.
Peter Lalor
Redback
Blatant Padder

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:00 am

Redback wrote:the solar lights are good eh, we have them too for late night walks
Baz.

I have been using them for about 17/18 years, when they first came on the market. Still have one of my originals which has an amber light.

I use them for markers on the ropes so I don't trip over them. I can be a real klutz at times.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby wragee » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:59 pm

Wragee's camper trailer set up at Stanage Bay QLD
Wragee Camper.jpg

3 Room camper trailer off road outside wall can be set up on the awning.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ca't get enough camping.
wragee
Captain Camping

Postby Rodda » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:56 pm

Hi guys.

Brand new to the Forum today. Just bought one of these (we actually went for the lighter, semi-off-road tralier as we don't go hard yakka off-road and prefer the weight reduction):

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 0277063268

(hope the link works).

Got some accessories already - camp bunks for the kids (we're a 2+2 family) and some cooking accessories...

Plan on asking a few Qs like info on 3-way fridges, etc... :) Looking forward to chatting (I'm quite actively involved in the Homeone Forum already..., have access - will post...)

Cheers,

Rodda.
Rodda

Postby Gunna Do » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:40 pm

We have a Camp-o-matic Ranger XTC hard floor camper trailer, which we bought second-hand a few months back now.
The camper was perfect for our needs as it came with
- a boat loader
- outboard motor slide and cabinet
- 2kva Honda generator
- 2 x fridges (one built into the camper and one for in the back of our Patrol)
- 2 x solar panels
- 2 x 100 amp hour low maintenance batteries
- 20 amp smart charger
- fluro and LED lighting
- 2 x jerry can holders + boat fuel tank holder
- Stereo

Here is a couple of pics

Image Image

Image Image
Image from GUNNA DO
Gunna Do
Camping King

Postby Malcur » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:54 am

Here is our camper. It has an internal walkway at the front of the bed. Makes access to the bed so much easier for us "oldies". We have added 240volt, extra lights (LED lights in the tent area). Also added a tray underneath to store the extra canvas for the annex, saves me having to move it from the top of the camper every time we set up.

Mal :) :)
Malcur
Captain Camping

Postby Gunna Do » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:25 am

Mal,

The tray area for your extra tarps sounds like a great idea as we are always moving the extras around when packing and unpacking. Is it water proof and is it possible to post a couple of pics showing its location and size.
Image from GUNNA DO
Gunna Do
Camping King

Postby Redback » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:21 am

Malcur wrote:Here is our camper. It has an internal walkway at the front of the bed. Makes access to the bed so much easier for us "oldies". We have added 240volt, extra lights (LED lights in the tent area). Also added a tray underneath to store the extra canvas for the annex, saves me having to move it from the top of the camper every time we set up.

Mal :) :)

What make is your camper, i notice you have the walkway, that was Ray Clarkes design for Redback Campers, there are a few camper makers now using his design.

That second pic is Burraga Dam?

Good colour choice :mrgreen:

Baz.
Peter Lalor
Redback
Blatant Padder

Postby cdboi84 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:28 pm

This is my new camper trailer a 1998 Jayco Flipper in excellent condition. I also have an 08 Jayco Sterling Pop Top but I brought this little unit to get out into the bush.
Last edited by cdboi84 on Sat May 02, 2009 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cdboi84

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:03 am

Thanks for that cdboi84, I did not realize that Jayco did a hard floor flipover CT. Just goes to show one can always learn something new.

Looks like you are going to be one very happy camper.

Oh and BTW....WELCOME to the forum.

GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Next

Return to Camper Trailers