NSW - Mudgee Riverside Caravan Park

NSW - Mudgee Riverside Caravan Park

Postby cokebottle » Thu May 01, 2008 3:56 pm

Hi everyone, I am bit slow to put this up but I have not been feeling well the last week or so, as well couldn't find my camera cable :oops:

We went camping on the weekend of 18-04-08 for 3 nights to Mudgee NSW, we stayed at the Riverside Van Park

Link to their website http://www.mudgeeriverside.com.au/ we had a non powered site on the back end of the park next to the river, it was a great park, very leafy & plenty of shade trees for Summer, the facilities were great, while they appeared fairly old they were very clean, it was great to have access to a washing machine too.

I noticed a lot of campers & caravanners coming & going in the 4 days we were there & I counted at least 5 travellers with dogs, so you could put it on the list of dog friendly parks ;)

It cost us $44 a night, it is very close to town, so easy to walk into get supplies etc, the only drawback with that being you could hear the local hoons driving their Utes with big antennas on them around town till late :twisted:

We had reasonably good weather (except for being very windy & cold), no rain until late Monday night into the early hours of Tuesday morning, it had stopped by the time I was getting breakie on & managed to pack up the tent & it started to lightly drizzle, then it poured rain almost all the way home.

We checked out the historic town of Gulgong, which was the town on the original paper $10 note with Henry Lawson, we were so impressed with Gulgong that we are going to go there again, maybe on the June long weekend when they have a big parade.

We went to Hill End, not much there but, we had a good look around the old gold fields & the kids thought it was great.
R0016155.jpg
R0016157.jpg
R0016196.jpg
R0016184.jpg
R0016202.jpg
R0016197.jpg
R0016253.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cokebottle
Blatant Padder

Re: Mudgee Riverside Caravan Park

Postby amanda » Thu May 01, 2008 4:04 pm

great report - thanks! How did the new tent go?
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby will_deness » Thu May 01, 2008 4:07 pm

Nice place to go to in autumn,although it probably feels like winter.
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby cokebottle » Thu May 01, 2008 4:59 pm

amanda wrote:great report - thanks! How did the new tent go?

Fantastic! it really made a difference having 3 rooms, instead of one big one with a thin sheet between (old tent is a 6 pers) each room has zippers between.

The tent was a bit of a handful to put up, due in part to very high winds, come pack up time I just rolled it loosely & stowed it in the trailer & then as soon as I got it home I dried it & aired it out in the garage for over a week ;)

Will_dness wrote:Nice place to go to in autumn,although it probably feels like winter.

Bloody cold when eating outside, at one stage we all had our beanies on, but we soon warmed up with a few games of chasing each other around under a blanket pretending to be a monster :*** this helped :beer :cheers

Michael
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cokebottle
Blatant Padder

Postby cokebottle » Mon May 05, 2008 11:44 am

Almost forgot..... when I was in Hill End I saw something in the window of the camping/fossicking store which made me think of Derek - I snapped it with my camera phone, it is the biggest camp oven I have ever seen! a Furphy oven too Derek. ;)

Michael
cokebottle
Blatant Padder

Postby GypsyLady » Mon May 05, 2008 6:53 pm

What a lovely place for camping.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Re: NSW - Mudgee Riverside Caravan Park

Postby xmasbaby67 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:56 pm

:hello: Just new to the site .
We stayed at the Riverside last weekend (17 & 18 Oct) & it is a great little park. The amenities are old but very clean. Grass sites with lots of trees for shade.
We stayed with 4 other families on the unpowered sites at the back of the park down near the river. We had 13 kids, 3 tents & 2 camper trailers between us all and we had a great time. We were there for "A Day On The Green" :?# concert out at Oatley's winery, which was a great family event and we have made now it a yearly trip to Mudgee. The park is close to the centre of town so you can walk down town for a look around. We didn't notice any traffic noise but maybe the kids drowned that out :*** Overall a great place to stay & will be booking the same sites for next year. :+
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby cokebottle » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:10 pm

Welcome to the site.

xmasbaby67 wrote: We had 13 kids, 3 tents & 2 camper trailers between us all and we had a great time.

Sounds like it would have been pretty noisey, but fun all the same ;)

My fiancee & my kids have expressed interest in taking my 4 kids & her 3 kids camping at the same time ::() It would be two tents/two cars & I will need to take two casks of wine to cope :cheers :***

Michael
cokebottle
Blatant Padder

Postby xmasbaby67 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:10 pm

The kids weren't noisy at all, they all get on really well. :+ We also had a really large group of boys from a church group behind us that were also really good. :armsup
We found the old fella & his wife in the caravan behind our camp made more noise than all the kids put together, :evil: what with his banging his van door every two secs, then having revolting coughing fits to banging the lid of the garbage bin right next to one of the tents REPEATEDLY..... :$ so our kids looked like angels.... we all had a ball, u have to bite the bullet and do it the kids will love u for it....and yes we found that plenty of wine & beer certainly helped to keep us calm. :beer we would have liked to stay at least another couple of nights as we were quite settled in by Sunday morn.
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Return to NSW