Outdoor Connections - Fraser tent

Questions, comments, discussions and reviews on equipment, outdoor gear etc.

Outdoor Connections - Fraser tent

Postby keencamper » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:54 pm

Hi,
We have decided to get our family out and about camping and are looking at this tent - Outdoor Connections - Fraser tent. Does anyone know it? Or has heard good or bad things about it? We are a bit concerned on whether it is hard to put up (or not?) as we have 2 little ones (plus an 11yr old) so it may be quite difficult to watch them at the same time as putting up the tent... It weighs over 70Kgs!

Any comments are appreciated.

thankyou!

Donna
keencamper

Re: Outdoor Connections - Fraser tent

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:58 am

keencamper wrote:It weighs over 70Kgs!

::()

At that weight I'm guessing it must be a rather large canvas tent? Or, its a typo
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Re: Outdoor Connections - Fraser tent

Postby Argle » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:05 am

Hi Donna, thats a great tent!! To be honest I was all set to but one myself, the only reason I didnt is that a second hand 15x12 Freetime became available at a price I couldnt refuse! As far as setting up its not too difficult, I would say you will need 1 and a half people to do it. I get my wife to help standing up the end and centre poles and then its all up to me while she watches the kids (3 & 5). As far as the weight goes yep they are heavy but by the same token they are a BIG tent. We mainly camp with a boat or box trailer so its not a real problem for us. Total set up time depending on your experience around 40 minutes or so up to and hour if you are just starting.....but you get better with practice :lol: The only other thing to remember is to "season" the tent before you first use it - thins means get it REALLY wet to swell the stitching this will stop it leaking if it rains. Other than that they are a good tent that with care will last for yonks - and will accomodate your family in comfort!

Cheers and Beers
Scott
Argle
Captain Camping

Return to Gear Guide