Glastonbury creek camping area?

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Glastonbury creek camping area?

Postby madcamper » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:07 pm

Hi everyone,
Was just wondering if anyone has been to 'Glastonbury creek camping area' up around gympie way. Thinking about going there just after christmas and was hoping that someone might have some photo's etc. If anyone has been there, could you please give me some opinions about the place. Do we need to take water, allowed fires etc.... any help would be greatly appreciated.... Thanks Jackie
madcamper
Camping King

Re: Glastonbury creek camping area?

Postby Al&Sharon » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:58 am

Hi Madcamper try this link the info you want is there .Alan http://www.epa.qld.gov.au/projects/park ... ?parkid=27
Al&Sharon
Post Machine!

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:45 am

The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Derek Bullock » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:12 pm

madcamper wrote:Hi everyone,
Was just wondering if anyone has been to 'Glastonbury creek camping area' up around gympie way. Thinking about going there just after christmas and was hoping that someone might have some photo's etc. If anyone has been there, could you please give me some opinions about the place. Do we need to take water, allowed fires etc.... any help would be greatly appreciated.... Thanks Jackie

I have been there but sorry no photos. Memory card got lost somewhere, or I accidentally deleted it. :(

No firewood provided. You have to bring your own and it must be milled firewood. Good toilets. Nice well shaded grassy sites. Water is available and in peak times the EPA take a rather large water cart up there. Nice little creek runs along the boundary of it.

Overall a very nice place.

Derek
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Return to Camping Tips and Locations