New Kayaks/Sailboat in Queensland

Questions, comments, discussions and reviews on equipment, outdoor gear etc.

New Kayaks/Sailboat in Queensland

Postby bill007 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:58 pm

I have just ordered a Switch over the internet. Apparently I am the first in Queensland to get one.
Has anyone else out there see them around. Kayaks, Motorboat and Sailboat all in one - I can't wait to get it on the water.

Here are some pictures from the website http://www.switchsports.com.au
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bill007

Re: New Kayaks/Sailboat in Queensland

Postby Beau » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:45 am

Silly question here, if you use these kayaks as a sail boat or put a small motor on it, do you need to hold a boat licence?

They look pretty neat, I like the concept of it a bit like a mini cat that can be split into individual watercraft.
We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home, in towns and cities. -Nessmuk
Beau
Camping King

Postby ben... » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:59 am

not sure on every states laws, but im pretty sure anything under 15 HP dosnt require the person to hold a boat license. Dont think you would really want anything over the HP on that boat either.
ben...
Post Machine!

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:21 pm

ben... wrote:not sure on every states laws, but im pretty sure anything under 15 HP dosnt require the person to hold a boat license.

Pretty sure thats the case in NSW.

ben... wrote:Dont think you would really want anything over the HP on that boat either.

I dunno, could be fun :twisted: :lol:
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Return to Gear Guide