Hello There!!

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Hello There!!

Postby Chicky Babe » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:58 pm

Gidday,

Been cruising around the forum for a while now but thought it's time I said Gidday!!
Love the stories, love the pickies, love the info. Looks like there's a few characters here.
I am new to forums so don't know much but guess I'll learn as I go.

From Queensland, based in the Redlands. I have an 11 year old daughter and a great partner. We have a few loves, camping, sailing and horses. We camp mostly in the cooler months and sail in the hotter ones. Our favourite camp is Gordon Country at Goomburra, and our favourite sailing is cruising to Blakesley's and Peel Island (when it's not crowded).

Has anyone camped at Yarramalong near Aratula? It is on the other side of the creek to the Gorge Wilderness Park Aratula. I have tried the search function but it doesn't show anything. Just curious as there isn't a lot of info on it anywhere!!

Look forward to chatting
cheers Chicky Babe
Chicky Babe
Camping Veteran

Re: Hello There!!

Postby amanda » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:01 pm

Welcome to the forum - enjoy!
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:21 pm

Hi Chicky Babe and WELCOME to the forum. Like you I too have looked for info on Yarramalong and have not been able to source any as such.

I did recently camp at The Gorge Wilderness Park and did talk to a number of the campers there, for as you say it is directly opposite on the other side of the creek.

I did not get any positive feed back but you could probably expect that because they were Gorge regulars and it is apparently quite a lot more expensive than the Gorge.

From the Gorge side of the creek it does not look much different but then who would know from there what is on offer. Their amenities could be 5 star and you would have no idea. They also had canoes on the creek but do not know if they were hired out to campers or included in the camping fees.

I did hear that they have a kiosk and are not pet friendly....not sure if either of these are a necessary requirement for you.

My only other comment is that Yarramalong did run their pump from the creek for quite a long time and it was rather noisy and people who were camped at the Gorge from the Thursday evening did complain about it.

Cheers Gypsy....
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Ricklanga » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:04 pm

:hello: and welcome. With regards to Yarramalong, maybe this will be of use http://www.check-in.com.au/Brisbane/Yarramalong.htm

This may be a little better http://aussiecamping.info/product_info. ... c5afe008f0

--
Richard.
It always rains on tents. Rainstorms will travel thousands of miles, against prevailing winds for the opportunity to rain on a tent.
Ricklanga
Post Machine!

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:16 pm

WOW I would never have thought of Yarramalong being KALBAR.......Aratula but not Kalbar.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Troyk » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:17 pm

Chicky babe, welcome from another Redlander! :armsup
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby Chicky Babe » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:30 pm

Thanks so much for the welcome and the info, I wouldn't have thought Kalbar either Gypsy or
to check out Check-in - thanks Richard.

Been a bit busy doing the work thing, so haven't been around! :(

Didn't get to Yarramalong, it got postponed but hoping to go soon. Will let you know how it goes.

Gotta love the Redlands Troy.

Cheers
Chicky Babe
Chicky Babe
Camping Veteran

Postby ben... » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:43 pm

we must be going them out here in the Redlands... welcome to the forum.
ben...
Post Machine!

Return to Introductions: