Recycled Camper - Cost me $85K and I'm happy

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Recycled Camper - Cost me $85K and I'm happy

Postby Marclau » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:30 pm

Well, been camping over 50+ times more then 20 years ago, did the hotel thing, still own Timeshare, but I have missed camping that I just purchased a new Oz Trail Tourer 10 Plus, new airbeds, sleeping bags for myself, wife and two kids, new small gas cooker, Weber Q BBQ, 2 solar portable showers, new Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd CRD, and we are ready to go...........it has taken me 20 years to convince the wife that there really is nothing better then camping.!!!

As a first couple of safe camping sites, where shall the first couple of tripe be?
We live down the Mornington Peninsula (VIC) and want to go where the have basic amenities............I use to always go to Inverloch Forshore and Anglesea but wanting to know what other places there are.......

Anyway, this looks like a great site and one I reckon I'll be coming back to regularly..........:)
Marclau

Re: Recycled Camper - Cost me $85K and I'm happy

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:34 am

Hi Marclau and WELCOME to the forum.

Being a Qlder I am unable to advise you of specific locations but did not want to let an opportunity pass by without welcoming you.

In 20 years you will have noticed a huge difference in the way that people camp these days, definitely not at all primitive.

In order to gently break you wife in to the joys of camping I do suggest that you pick a campground that has all the amenities or if you prefer a CP for the first time.

Might also be an idea to have a weekend trial run as well. If the first one is successful then the whole family will be itching to get out there and do it again.

Good luck

Cheers.....
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Marclau » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:53 pm

Thanks Gypsylady,

Very wise words indeed............yep as the tent is still up in the backyard thinking af jumping in with my kids tonight........and then see what happens over the next few weeks..............:)
Marclau

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:34 pm

That will give the kids a great adventure in the safety of your own back yard Marclau.

Cheers...
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Blue Bravo » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:02 pm

Would suggest Wilson's Promentory as a good place. Unpowered sites are $18 per night, gives access to toilets and showers and this will help ease the misses into camping. Good walks and safe swimming in area and not that far for you to drive. Mrs B and I stayed there on our recent trip. The Crimson Rosella visit and are happy to sit on your shoulder and eat what your eating. Wombats roam the park at night. :?#
Glenn
A member of the leisure class
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby dan2diver » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:15 pm

I have been told Rawson Caravan Park out near Whalhalla is a ripper. all Camp sites have own ensuite and they have a pub on the camp grounds. Thats where we intend to christine our camper soon. On the Mornington Peninsula their is great caping at Shoreham, Portsea or Balnarring and they are not that far to travel.

HooRoo
Dan2diver
dan2diver

Postby Marclau » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:59 pm

Thanks everyone for this...........this is great............i've just purchased an RACV book on Tourist Park and Camping Sites for $11 (member)...
and will look at these................

I am also keen to go back to an old haunt down in Inverloch on the foreshore............as a mad teenager I had heaps of fun down there........
Marclau

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:15 am

Looks like you are now on the right track Marclau.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to Introductions: