Looking for great fishing/camp site in Vic...

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Looking for great fishing/camp site in Vic...

Postby bush barbie » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:02 am

I currently go camping at Ulupna Island, taking my son and his friend. We have a camper, but not a 4 wheel drive.
Im searching for a great new location in Vic or Vic/NSW border for January to take them. The boys main interest is fishing, while mine is swimming and just relaxing by a campfire. Preferably somewhere where it doesnt get too busy. Im not interested in staying at caravan parks, as we all enjoy the freedom of being out in the bush.
Being single, I would prefer something thats not too difficult to get to.
If anybody has any great ides, it would be much appreciated.
bush barbie

Re: Looking for great fishing/camp site in Vic...

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:52 pm

Hi bush barbie and WELCOME to the forum. It is great to see another single parent encouraging their offspring to go camping.

Being in Qld I am unable to help you with a venue but I am sure several of the members from down that way will.

Cheers...
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby mouth » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:56 pm

bush barbie wrote:Preferably somewhere where it doesnt get too busy. Im not interested in staying at caravan parks, as we all enjoy the freedom of being out in the bush.
Being single, I would prefer something thats not too difficult to get to.
If anybody has any great ides, it would be much appreciated.

http://www.parkweb.vic.gov.au/resources/04_1765.pdf
... page 7 has a good selection of easy-to-get-too camping areas and then use http://www.parkweb.vic.gov.au/1parks.cfm to see the full details on a park, or search for parks in an area.
mouth
Boy Scout

Postby Lost Man » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:48 pm

Momosa Rocks National Park; Araganu beach (Wrong spelling)
Free Fire wood.
It's about $15 for your car.
The camp site is nestled into the bush nicley, all the ferns make it seem tropical.
It's right near the beach, where if you bring your surf rod there's heaps of massive Aussie Salmon. It's one of the best fishing beaches I've been to.
You might need to book in Jan though.

It's about 40min past Bermaguie (Wrong spelling) and aabout 20min before Tathra.

There's also a spot on Twofold Bay past Eden that's quite good. It's not promoted by any councils though.
Also see Salt water Creek Past Eden, that's not too bad either.

Over the Border forget about anything in Coragalong (Wrong spelling) national Park you travel 70kms on a dirt track just to be let down with the lowsy camp sites, you'll end up turning back.
Lost Man
Camping King

Return to Camping Tips and Locations