Headlamps

Questions, comments, discussions and reviews on equipment, outdoor gear etc.

Headlamps

Postby bobok » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:11 pm

Just wondering if anyone can recommend some good quality head lamps? I find them great for keeping the hands free to do stuff at night, but the crappy cheap coleman ones I bought suck. Any recommendations?
bobok

Re: Headlamps

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:31 pm

I have an Energiser one which I bought from the local supermarket for about 30 bucks.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby OzeBoy » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:23 am

I'm curious too Bobok. We had coleman ones that went through batteries like they were going out of fashion. I'm prepared to spend good money on some good quality headlights. Might see what Anaconda have or Aussie Disposals.
OzeBoy
Camping King

Postby mytribe » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:38 pm

Hubby has a "princeton tec" brand of headlamp, it's onto it's second lot of batteries and he's had it a couple of years, not only does he use it for camping, but it's bloody handy around home as well.

We got it from Anaconda for approx $100
Me,DH and 6 freeloading midgets..plus the furry animals
mytribe
Post Machine!

Postby chisel » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:38 pm

I have about 5 different headlamps - all have good and bad points.
Try to get something lightweight - the ones that have batteries at the back of the head strap are the best I reckon as they can be heavier but still balanced.
I don't actually have a Petzl but I think they might be some of the best around. All mine are ok but I couldn't really recommend one fully.
chisel
Boy Scout

Postby conmanturley » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:28 am

One word, Petzl.

They have a massive range and really do look after their customer with after care. You will definately find the type that best suits your needs as they have so many great ones.

I have had my Duo since my mountain rescue days back in the UK and it recently stopped working. Brought it into Mountain Equipment in the city, they sent it off and it came back all fully functioning and serviced all at no charge. This torch is well over 7 years old so bought the other side of the world. That is service! :+
How is it that one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
conmanturley
Camping King

Return to Gear Guide