NSW = Greenpatch or Shoal Bay?

NSW = Greenpatch or Shoal Bay?

Postby mummeee74 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:45 am

Can anyone help me with what the camping is like at Greenpatch, Jervis Bay. Mainly the toilets, I don't want to spend my holiday trying to convince my 3yo to sit on the toilet. It's either Greenpatch or Shoal Bay, I would love Greenpatch as I remember it from when I was a kid, by my kids might still be too little to cope with the facilities?? Advice anyone. I guess I could always take a potty....
mummeee74
Post Machine!

Postby garbage » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:24 pm

I've been to Green Patch a few times and the facilities look quite modern and clean - flush toilets, hot showers, designated wood fire barbecues, electric barbecues. It's a very popular spot though, so do book well in advance.
garbage
Camping Veteran

Postby mummeee74 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:04 pm

Thanks! Though I still can't make up my mind.... might have to take 2 holidays :lol:
mummeee74
Post Machine!

Postby camping claire » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:23 pm

I love Green Patch - we've been there twice now. Gotta love the flushing toilets and hot showers, plus the beach is awesome. The only downside is the dirt, it's gets really dusty. Grass is nicer.....I've not been to Shoal bay yet though.
camping claire

Postby mummeee74 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:10 pm

Ahhh thanks for that I thought I remembered grassy sites.... it's been so long since i was there as a kid :grin:
I have discovered the luxury of a nice grassy campsite!!
mummeee74
Post Machine!

Re: NSW = Greenpatch or Shoal Bay?

Postby bob and lisa » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:10 pm

Just letting you know we stayed at Green patch last weekend.. the amenities are very modern and they have large disabled toilet block with large basins that i saw kids being bathed in.. the beach is just so beautiful along this coast, you would be hard pressed to find a nicer one.. the only short fall is that the camp sites are rather small we booked a large site for a small jayco and 6 man tent.. I was told that this site was large enough for both tent, van and 2 cars.. There was no way we could fit the cars on htis site as well as the camp set ups.. however we will be returning as it is a perfect spot..
bob and lisa

Return to NSW