Sunshine Coast way, camps near Goomeri?

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Sunshine Coast way, camps near Goomeri?

Postby nicnak » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:05 pm

Hi there

I know we are thinking about this late - but nevermind - we are looking for a place to go camping near Goomeri, or anywhere that is within half hour drive from there.

We are combining with another family, who usually go 4WD'ing - so they are well set up, so bush camping would be ok too. Ideally we would like somewhere with 'things' to do with kids (kids are 11, 9, 3, 2 and youngen who gets no say :) "things to do" = Fishing is good, bike riding ability is good, playing in dirt and mud is fine, so is beach and sand and walking tracks.

We've googled around a little and have found some places near Kilkivan and Goomeri - I jsut wondered if anyone has any tips?
nicnak

Re: Sunshine Coast way, camps near Goomeri?

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:15 am

There is a great little campground at kilkivan called Rossmore Park but unfortunately there is not a lot for the kids to do there and definitely no fishing.

My recommendation is Island Reach at Imbil http://www.ircamping.com.au/ however it is more than the hour from Goomeri that you have suggested.

It is ideal for kids and does have swimming and fishing as it is on Yabba Creek.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Re: Sunshine Coast way, camps near Goomeri?

Postby nicnak » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:10 pm

thanks gypsylady - I checked them out at kilkivian and they are a bit full

the search continues...
nicnak

Return to Camping Tips and Locations